• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Dealer sold me a USED Tundra as a NEW Tundra???

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
or maybe he's the founder and wanted to stir the pot; intelligence has it limitations...
Read all the posts and see what was documented. No gain to be had by "stirring the pot" and certainly no "intelligence limitations" IMO. It happens sometimes, it just depends how the dealer handles the entire situation. Fortunately, his dealer stepped up and got things done.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Dealer is still saying that it's a new truck. I'm not sure going on. Doesn't seem like this was registered with anyone else.

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPEN TO THEM BEFORE?
Uh, yeah, I have. At least here in Colorado, "corporate vehicles" (those driven by Toyota management/executives or loaned out to magazine writers for road tests) are seldom registered with the state and are driven around on dealer or manufacturer license plates. However, once that "executive" drives one over 2,000 miles, Toyota can no longer sell it as new--it MUST be sold as a used vehicle--state law. So it's "Caveat Emptor" here when a "NEW" vehicle has more than a couple of miles on it.

Sorry you're still going through this. That dealer is just lying thru his teeth IMHO.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Read all the posts and see what was documented. No gain to be had by "stirring the pot" and certainly no "intelligence limitations" IMO. It happens sometimes, it just depends how the dealer handles the entire situation. Fortunately, his dealer stepped up and got things done.
I agree. I think Steve is justifiably pissed, and is venting. Sad to see anyone pay a small fortune for a new truck and have it turn out to be used.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
I did pick it up. Truck looks great by the way. Looks like this was a deal that fell through due to financing or something and someone reported it to toyota as sold too early.
Or repo'ed due to non-payment. Or maybe stolen & recovered. Who knows?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Or repo'ed due to non-payment. Or maybe stolen & recovered. Who knows?
I think it's most likely the issue that they had a deal and financing fell through and they had to get the truck back after they took it home. Who knows though. Either way I'm happy now, the dealer went above and beyond to do the right thing and the truck is great.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
So I think they actually never got to the point to where the title was sent off to the state.

The dealer instead said that the truck was moved to a remote lot and was forgotten about while they expanded their current lot (something like that) and it was forgotten about. Then, once they got to the point in which the model-year incentives expired, no one would want to buy a 2017 truck for more than a 2018 truck. Once they got it online, I jumped at it and offered the price I thought it was worth, they countered and we settled on a price. We wrote-in that they would fix the paint and the first service director didn't seem to be paying attention, so now that he's no longer with the company the 3rd time I came back they jumped on it and got if fixed right.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
No doubt the salesman said "hey, my brother sold this guy a used(new) battery, I'll sell him a used(new) truck":D

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Still having issues with this as they say that Toyotacare ends in October ... 24 months after it was first registered with Toyota. But only 12 months after I bought it

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Seems to me if your bill of sale states XX/XX date and it's sold as a new truck, there should be no issue. Keep pushing and make them give you the full 2 years of ToyotaCare.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
This really ticks me off. My 1 year old Tundra has lost Toyotacare and 12 months off the factory warranty.

Screenshot_20190902-193620_Gmail.jpg

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Uh, yeah, I have. At least here in Colorado, "corporate vehicles" (those driven by Toyota management/executives or loaned out to magazine writers for road tests) are seldom registered with the state and are driven around on dealer or manufacturer license plates. However, once that "executive" drives one over 2,000 miles, Toyota can no longer sell it as new--it MUST be sold as a used vehicle--state law. So it's "Caveat Emptor" here when a "NEW" vehicle has more than a couple of miles on it.

Sorry you're still going through this. That dealer is just lying thru his teeth IMHO.
But it had 100 miles on it when i drove it off the lot.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Just talked to the general manager of Toyota of Burleson and they're going to extend my toyotacare for me. More details tomorrow.

Related Content You Might Like: