• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Toyota Oil Change Prices: What do you pay?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Yeah, there are still a lot of diy oil change people out there. Doing it yourself can savea lot of coin.

BR789

In our area, $45 is typical. What is nice is the ability to get your fourth or fifth oil change free from the dealers that offer the discount.

bluzcruzer

A self change is about 20 dollars. I've been getting my oil at wal-mart and usually several gallons at at time. This is mostly because each of the last 4 visits, the priced jumped 3 dollars. I also keep an eye on sales at local parts shops, as they have specials you can get 5 qts and filter for 23/25.00...I personally service around 10k or when the oil turns black. This has served me well, as my 78 still runs good at 500k. I do not recommend using any oil that's cheap. Stick to one oil brand...and I don't endorse Pennzoil..........my choice is quaker state...in 10-40 and not the hi-mileage. Castrol is good too. Mobil and Royal purple are higher end oils and you'll pay for it too...in my opinion....needlessly. Takes about 20 min. and you can save half the cost over a quick lube...plus have the added benefit of greasing and looking for other potential problems...

davidandrew

According to Modern Tire Dealer magazine's recent Facts issue, the issue shows the average price of an oil change offered by a retail tire chain in the U.S. was $20.55.

BamaKaren

TTC Chicks
100 Posts
I would think more like $30. I wonder where Modern Tire Dealer is getting their statistics.

Related Content You Might Like: