• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Toyota Oil Change Prices: What do you pay?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
With everything going up these days, how much do you pay for an oil change?

Toyota Girl

100 Posts
This keeps going up, with all of the fees that I keep getting hit with I usually pay like $45 each time I go. I only do it about every 5,000 miles so that's not terrible for me, but still.

millionaireman

well I usually change my engine oil by myself however I also noticed that the price of oil has increased probably because the unstable situation in the middle east but anyway I'm trying to find my receipt however I could not find it, it seems the last time I bought oil it was around $ 30.00 more or less.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
There is a place in town that does Penzoil service and lube - and they throw in a free car wash and vacuum cleaning that is worth a good $15. Total cost is now about $45 all told, and for a truck or larger vehicle i guess that's about right - especially since we go so many more miles between oil changes these days.

MD_Weems

100 Posts
I usually pay about $35-40 for one. If there is something else I need done, it might cost more. At Wal-Mart here, they do a fluids check too for free and they will also check your tires and all that jazz as well. I do like that, so I know if there is something that I need to watch out for.

antonino

100 Posts
Best things in life are free.. But you must work it out, and get dirty with some grease.

pir^2h

Free. When you know how to do it, then better you do it. Why pay, when it can be FREE?
Nothing in life is free! You may not have to pay labor but you still have to buy the oil and filter. I change my own and buy the oil and filters when they are on sale and stash them away. I figure a Fram filter and Castrol oil is equal to or better than what the dealer uses.

john505

Do it yourselfer!

I pay about $25.00 to $30.00 oil and filter. I'll buy what ever oil is on sale. Sometimes a sale i can get it for like $23.00 just for the oil from walmart. I will normally do it myself. At least i know what im putting into my truck. When you go to a garage to have it done, who know's what you are really getting. I'v had a few issue's with fast change oil places, like jiffy lube. I had one guy who did an oil change in my wifes car, and put the wrong filter on the car and when i started it up, oil was spitting out all over the engine. Well did i have strong words for that guy. Never again, i do it myself.

With everything going up these days, how much do you pay for an oil change?

Last edited:

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Free. When you know how to do it, then better you do it. Why pay, when it can be FREE?
Yes its free when know how to do it, But take into consideration that it needs to go to dealership if your vehicle is still new and still covered by warranty period.. ---PEACE----:cool:

TM13TM

TTC Chicks
In our town, you used to be able to get an oil change for around $25. The last vehicle we took in, I about fell over when they told me it was about $45 before taxes and all. It is amazing how the prices are going up and up.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Yeah. Environmental fees (taxes), shop supply fees (tip) etc. They add up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

pir^2h

I refuse to pay the dealers (or quick oil change places) their price. The only time I went to the dealer was when it was included in the manufacturer warranty. It seemed that they always had something else they wanted to gig you on. "We noticed you cabin filter is a bit dirty, you better change it"...at a cost of $65.oo. I still do the oil changes and filters myself. If you catch the oil on sale at Advance or O'Riley Auto Parts with a free filter the it only cost around$25.00 or less. When they have a real sale and I can get it for less than $20 I buy extra and stock up. They have limits so I take my son with me and he gets the limit also. My $0.02 worth!

Related Content You Might Like: