• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Painted Truck Today

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
Hey Jazz, I'm an inexperienced painter. Is there any particular color that is "easier" to spray than the rest?
Lighter colours are less apt to show flaws. Metallics are apt to give you the most problems and harder to touch up if there is a flaw. That said I would paint any colour. What is important is technique of spray pattern. Watch a few youtubes and see how they overlap while painting. Also you cut in to start painting. Just like painting a room in a house do all the cut in first.
Wear full mask for painting and cover up yourself. Paint is very toxic and can cause...hey you see the red squirrel?

Jimbo's toy

Lighter colours are less apt to show flaws. Metallics are apt to give you the most problems and harder to touch up if there is a flaw. That said I would paint any colour. What is important is technique of spray pattern. Watch a few youtubes and see how they overlap while painting. Also you cut in to start painting. Just like painting a room in a house do all the cut in first.
Wear full mask for painting and cover up yourself. Paint is very toxic and can cause...hey you see the red squirrel?
Thanks for the info. No red squirrels here. I'm strickly a pink elephant man.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
Yesterday I replaced window tint on rear window. Never done this before. Not rocket science but YouTube’s are helpful. Don’t usually have this much fun in backseat of Toyota. I like the tint as it reduces glare from rear
7CAFB1FE-3DDD-46BD-9283-509D800FC135.jpeg
s glare

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
View attachment 5787
Truck had been painted at some point and plenty of dirt landed in paint so the roof was getting very rough so I decided to scrub down the whole truck and spray paint it. Of course a fly had to land on the fresh paint, tried to remove him but only got the wings. No I did not bother removing any dings on panels. Possibly do a more in-depth body job when my ambition returns

I sprayed with Restoration Shop Acrylic Urethane single stage. Managed to spray truck as well as inside of box with about 1 1/2 quarts of paint so plenty left for the next time.:D

View attachment 5785

View attachment 5786
Still love this pic. lol.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
Picked up a tonneau cover cheap, clear coat was lifting so I could not resist. Has a few chips and one chunk that need attention but for $60 its fine. Just have to decide on colour as it will be coming from my collection of left overs which is getting slim.
Tonneau cover is just for the winter, upgrade from the $6.00 tarp
IMG_5546.JPG

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Picked up a tonneau cover cheap, clear coat was lifting so I could not resist. Has a few chips and one chunk that need attention but for $60 its fine. Just have to decide on colour as it will be coming from my collection of left overs which is getting slim.
Tonneau cover is just for the winter, upgrade from the $6.00 tarpView attachment 9266
Nice. What colors do you have to choose from?

Related Content You Might Like: