• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Painted Truck Today

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
fullsizeoutput_3d8.jpeg

Truck had been painted at some point and plenty of dirt landed in paint so the roof was getting very rough so I decided to scrub down the whole truck and spray paint it. Of course a fly had to land on the fresh paint, tried to remove him but only got the wings. No I did not bother removing any dings on panels. Possibly do a more in-depth body job when my ambition returns

I sprayed with Restoration Shop Acrylic Urethane single stage. Managed to spray truck as well as inside of box with about 1 1/2 quarts of paint so plenty left for the next time.:D

fullsizeoutput_3fe.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_3e8.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
About 10 years ago, we did my son's Civic with some rattle can crylon. We found a color that we a very close match. After about 3 months, we compounded out the paint, and waxed it out. Man that car looked grate. No believed me when I said it was crylon. As you know, it all about the prep work. The car has been gone for a long time now, but It brings back good memories.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
image.jpg
The truck is nearing the age of being a classic and I have a hoard of parts including engine,transmission doors

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
Nice work in painting the truck parts. Have you started in upgrading the engine and transmission?
Engine was rebuilt 10,000 miles ago so no upgrades in the future. Going to stick with what works although I have a excellent complete drivetrain sitting in garage as part of my hoard. My idea of upgrade was installing a factory clock in the truck a few weeks ago. Truck never had clock.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
View attachment 5787 Truck had been painted at some point and plenty of dirt landed in paint so the roof was getting very rough so I decided to scrub down the whole truck and spray paint it. Of course a fly had to land on the fresh paint, tried to remove him but only got the wings. No I did not bother removing any dings on panels. Possibly do a more in-depth body job when my ambition returns
I sprayed with Restoration Shop Acrylic Urethane single stage. Managed to spray truck as well as inside of box with about 1 1/2 quarts of paint so plenty left for the next time.:D View attachment 5785
Really nice job with this.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
No way to buff that smoothe?
Yes I could cut and buff paint but that's not on my list yet. The clock had a "delete" plate in its place, wiring harness for clock was fastened to plate. As well that purple jewel in top left of the picture of clock. Thats another delete plate. Not sure what the purpose of that one is,,,anyone???

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
The blank-off plate with the purple jewel was a switch for the rear window up/down on the 4Runner. This dash was used on trucks and 4Runners.
Took me a few minutes to remember which of my previous trucks had something there and why.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
The blank-off plate with the purple jewel was a switch for the rear window up/down on the 4Runner. This dash was used on trucks and 4Runners.
Took me a few minutes to remember which of my previous trucks had something there and why.
Oh right! I had a 4Runner with that miserable rear window motor:)

Related Content You Might Like: