• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

How many miles before you change your oil? All Toyota Trucks

GearHead

100 Posts
I do mine about every 4-6000 miles, but maybe should be changing the oil more often in my trucks. Don't have much of a problem with the Tacoma burning oil, but it sure gets dirty fast if I'm out on the back roads!

Loves2Ride

100 Posts
Pretty much stay around 6,000 miles in-between each oil change. I think doing it too soon around 4,000 miles is a waste of money. That is just me though.

supernovax3

100 Posts
I don't use synthetics so I aim for every 5000. Since I'm a huge procrastinator, I'll go with Jiffy Lube's "every 3 months or 3000 miles" and by the time I get around to it, it's somewhere between 4000-5000 and I'm good.

Daniel

After every 6000 miles. It has become a rule for me. I think it's often enough. A lot of mechanics would back me up here.

Glenn

It depends on how you drive. Mainly highway, then 5k miles is no problem with conventional oil. If your trips are a couple miles each way or less, I would change every 1.5 k miles or so, since the engine doesn't get up to full operating temperature (that's the reader's digest version). If you use a quality synthetic oil, you can double those numbers (10k for highway miles, 3k for short trips)

these are ballpark #s

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Engine Oil Check

Oil is considered the life-blood of your engine, this is why the quality and amount of motor oil inside an engine is critical to keep it properly running. Clean oil should have a honey like color and transparency, but if it turns dark brown or black in color, then it is time to have it changed.

Changing engine oil and oil filters at recommended service intervals greatly engine wear and reduces the chance of premature engine damage. Try doing it every 7,000 or 8,000 miles or three months as a rule of thumb and be sure to use your car manufacturer's recommended grade of motor oil and oil filter.

Also, don't forget to regularly check your car's oil level and see to it that it also doesn't go way past the maximum level as too much oil an also lead to premature engine damage.

The Purpose of Oil!

We all know we need it, but a lot of people don't know why! Engine oil lubricates, cleans, and cools critical parts of the engine. The oil's additives also help to suspend dirt, where it can be drained at the next oil change.

Hope this will help...

Related Content You Might Like: