• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Best Synthetic Oil For Your Toyota Truck?

Old Chuck

I have used Amsoil in several vehicles as well as two toyota trucks. I did oil analysis thru Blackstone for the first several years and my oil was good at over 20,000 however, I drop a filter every 6,000 give or take. Amsoil did not have a filter for mine so I used Mobil 1. I think any premium synthetic would be better then conventional oil but then under most conditions conventional may be fine but I don't take any chances. At 20,000 miles and changing a filter every 5-7,000 it is still a bargain especially if you drive a bunch of miles. I have also seen engines torn down after 70,000 miles using amsoil premium synthetic and they show little or no wear... I'm sold....

joep11780

I just got mt 08 Tundra and havn't changed the oil yet but I have ran Amsoil for years and I change it at 15000 to 20000 or once a year but change oil filters twice a year. Best stuff I have found. It is extened drain so you can go up to 25000 miles. Thats the main benefit over the others on the market. That and its not dino oil it has no dino oil in it at all.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I just got mt 08 Tundra and havn't changed the oil yet but I have ran Amsoil for years and I change it at 15000 to 20000 or once a year but change oil filters twice a year. Best stuff I have found. It is extened drain so you can go up to 25000 miles. Thats the main benefit over the others on the market. That and its not dino oil it has no dino oil in it at all.
Did you mean to say extended range?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Probably meant to say that. I'm going to have to see some very conclusive evidence, but I'm glad that people are getting results for themselves.

TM13TM

TTC Chicks
I would also like to know the cost difference between synthetic and non-synthetic oils? Is there much difference in price and how do you know you are buying synthetic? Thanks for replying in a advance.

TruckJunkie

Hey guys - what do you feel is the best synthetic oil on the market for older cars?

In my opinion, synthetic oils are not good for new cars.

upatree64

Very glad to see and read about this subject because I've been considering using a different oil and like what I read about the synthetic... BUT< How about the oil filters on these Toyota's? I have heard to always use a genuine Toyota oil filters. mine has a typical parts house purchased filter on it right now.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
..............BUT< How about the oil filters on these Toyota's? I have heard to always use a genuine Toyota oil filters. mine has a typical parts house purchased filter on it right now.
I like the OEM Toyota oil filters. After some research, I ended up purchasing a case of 10 off eBay for $4 each. They turned out to be cheaper than what I can buy at my local Walmart or dealer. The OEM quality is up there and no problems to date.

On the other hand, up until the Tundra, I used the regular standard off the shelf filters for all my vehicles. My previous Tacoma did fine with the SuperTech, Purolator, and Fram filters. No problems and no worries. IMO, I believe you will be fine with whatever filter you decide to go with. Keeping the oil changed regularly is key.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I like the OEM Toyota oil filters. After some research, I ended up purchasing a case of 10 off eBay for $4 each. They turned out to be cheaper than what I can buy at my local Walmart or dealer. The OEM quality is up there and no problems to date.

On the other hand, up until the Tundra, I used the regular standard off the shelf filters for all my vehicles. My previous Tacoma did fine with the SuperTech, Purolator, and Fram filters. No problems and no worries. IMO, I believe you will be fine with whatever filter you decide to go with. Keeping the oil changed regularly is key.
Wow, they're factory OEM filters for that price?

Related Content You Might Like: