• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Best Synthetic Oil For Your Toyota Truck?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Who's gone to synthetic for their Toyota Tacoma, Toyota Tundra or other Toyota Truck/SUV?

What do you use and how often do you get it changed?

millionaireman

I usually have a tight budget but if i have the cash i would surely go for synthetic oils for my Toyota truck.

@toyotagirl generally synthetic oil can go longer however some of the advantages of using synthetic oils are it resists oxidation and oil sludge problems, it could offer better engine protection on extreme temperatures with in the engine and it promotes longer engine life.

john12121

I don't owe any toyota truck but I use synthetic oil for my Chevrolet Silverado.Fully synthetic motor oils contain non-conventional, high-performance fluids and a system of additives to help prevent wear, keep an engine clean, flow easily, maintain viscosity, prevent rust and reduce friction .It flows easier in cold weather. Yes I agree it Cost is twice as much as conventional oil .But it lasts longer,thus the actual cost increase is not so more..

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I don't owe any toyota truck but I use synthetic oil for my Chevrolet Silverado.Fully synthetic motor oils contain non-conventional, high-performance fluids and a system of additives to help prevent wear, keep an engine clean, flow easily, maintain viscosity, prevent rust and reduce friction .It flows easier in cold weather. Yes I agree it Cost is twice as much as conventional oil .But it lasts longer,thus the actual cost increase is not so more..
How many miles do you get on your synthetics?

GearHead

100 Posts
Really? You can go 8,000 miles on synthetics? Impressive. What is the difference in cost? Trying to figure out if it's a better deal to use them instead of conventional oil.

1st-Synthetics

With Amsoil you can go up to 25,000 miles per oil change. I have a lot of customers with Toyota's that run anywhere from15,000 to 25,000 miles per oil change with our signature series line of oils. This save you time and money!

Deererainman

I've used synthetic oils in all of my vehicles. I recently rebuilt the 88 Chevy with 350 engine @190,000 miles. (thought the oil pump went out, turned out to be the sending unit, but that's another story) when we went to order bearings, the main's and rod bearing journals were STANDARD, little to no wear.

I've always changed the oil at 5,000 to 7,500 mile increments with a fresh filter.

I read the previous post from the Amsoil dealer about 25,000 mile oil changes. I'm sure he's changing a filter or two during that interval. The additive package may be good, but you still have to filter the particulates.

suncomb1

I use Mobil 1 engine oil, transmission, transfer case and differential gear oils, and chassis grease. I would never go back to conventional products. My truck is 30 years old and I have no chassis squeaks, the doors close and latch easily, the tailgate closes and latches smoothly, the hood operating cable moves easily. Most important, all most all of the lubricated items on my truck show no or very slight wear. Not bad after 30 years of driving it.

Last edited:

Related Content You Might Like: