• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

What Did You Pay For Gas This Week?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
back to about $2.90 here in North Texas. Oil supplies are actually way UP, there is more gasoline storage in our national reserves than ever before, but speculators are buying and holding (and not taking delivery) of oil contracts, so they're driving the price of gasoline up, up, up.

ToyotaPitty

100 Posts
oh yeah... gas prices only continue to climb. Unfortunately, it appears that it will continue to climb and not go back down. Now that the Gulf Oil Spill occurred, there will be no relief in sight. Good thing so many vehicles are going flex fuel and electric.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
They're raising the prices right now. $2.90 at the QuickTrip in Dallas. Often gas prices go up before a holiday weekend, it's columbus day on Monday so lots of people going out of town for a three-day weekend.

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
those people that have off that day most be lucky wish i could have that day off lol. thats what i figured the prices go up for thats bull though just another way to get money i guess

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I'm changing jobs so I'm burning my PTO as fast as I can. Went to the state fair of Texas today and dropped $200 easy. I was like WHAT? I'm not sure if it was worth it or not, did get to see all of the trucks in the truck area including the 2011 Toyotas. (another post - OFF TOPIC)

ToyotaPitty

100 Posts
I remember when people started protesting the rising gas prices by refusing to buy gas on certain days. Too bad it didn't seem to work out that well. People would just buy more gas the day before or the day after the boycott day. The gas companies know they got us, we need gas to run our vehicles and maintain our livelyhood.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I made a thread about how to get gas prices to go down.

Gas is about $2.65 for regular unleaded here today.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Wow, gas prices are crazy over the past few years. We're back up to 3.50 after being right at 3.99 a few weeks ago.

Related Content You Might Like: