• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

What Did You Pay For Gas This Week?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Gas Prices ~ What did you pay this week?

Anyone else notice that gas prices have risen sharply in the last two weeks. :-(

Musher_Vic

I commute about 80 miles a day so I fill up about every 3 days. Prices seem higher each time. I think I'm paying $2.40 a gallon now...

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Ok, you're upstate more. That's a pretty part of the country. I used to work for a banch of a company that had it's HQ in Somers, NY. that's about 60 miles north of NYC. Spend a little bit of time up there a few years ago.

What type of gas mileage do you get commuting?

Musher_Vic

Small world -- I grew up in Somers and most of my family is still there. I graduated from Somers High in 1973 and joined the army shortly afterwards and have not lived there since. Downstate gives me a headache. I moved to Albany in 1980 and to East Cobleskill 2 years ago. I lived in Lake Placid in 1997.

Don't kick me off the site but I commute to work in my 2004 Xterra, which sucks on gas, but I love it anyway. My old warrior -- 1989 Toyota 4 x 4 SR5 pickup -- sees mostly weekend duty now. The gas milage on the X is so painful I don't figure it out but it is probably around 17-18 mpg. I would have bought another Toyota last year but I wanted a truck-based SUV with a 5 speed in the $24,000 price range and Toyota did not make one. I guess that is why Toyota is coming out with the FJ Cruiser -- to compete with the Xterra. I think it is a good move -- they lost a loyalist when I bought the X.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Wow, it really is a small world! I was shocked when I flew into the Westchester county airport (Newburg is it?) and took a shuttle to the hotel in Fishkill. The area was just so beautiful that I couldn't believe it. It reminded me of growing up in the Northwest.

No one's getting kicked off the site. I drive my wife's car to work a lot of the time to save gas, so I'm getting like 30+ MOG to/from work, so we're saving a ton of money.

Musher_Vic

Newburgh Airport is in Newburgh, Orange County. It sounds like that is what you probably flew into as your hotel was in Fishkill.

Were you with Pepsico? My sister used to work at there HQ in Somers. Nice facility. Seems like they really knew how to take care of their employees in good times. Of course, they had to downsize in bad times.

girlluvstacoma

Tornado Fuel Saver

Has anyone tried one of those Tornado Fuel Savers that are offered on TV? I was thinking about ordering one. Any little bit to help with the rising cost of fuel may help. Any feed back out there from anyone who may be using or considering using one would be appreciated - thanks!

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
HAH! This thread was started BEFORE the huge gas hike of August/September!

johnj1

fuel savings

Anyone interested intrying a new fuel supplement capsule that is guaranteed to increase mpg and is fully insured and refundable log on to www.madmax.myffi.biz and read up on it. I am getting about 2 more miles to the gallon in my v-6 Tacoma. My wife is getting about 5 more miles to the gallon in her Mitsubishi. :D :D

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Gas prices have been on a roller coaster over the past few years. I'm convinced that it's market hedgers that have caused it to be artifically high...

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
What do you pay for gas???

I just paid $2.48 for gas, looks like prices have leveled off a bit.

Related Content You Might Like: