• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Truck Camping

ToyotaPitty

100 Posts
Everyone knows about "camping" in an RV, but I think trucks are better for it. They give you the option tenting in the bed or on the ground, plus they can go places the RV simply cannot go! Where do you guys camp? Do you camp?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I love to go camping and get away from it all. Is there any better way than camping with your truck and getting high enough that you actually NEED a 4x4 truck?

ToyotaPitty

100 Posts
Anyone have any specialized equipment on their truck that is meant for camping? I'm not talking the camper on the bed, but anything else?

ToyotaPitty

100 Posts
OMG! I didn't know they actually made tents that go on truck beds! i thought I was the only one crazy enough to put a tent on the back of the truck!

Last edited by a moderator:

MD_Weems

100 Posts
OMG! I didn't know they actually made tents that go on truck beds! i thought I was the only one crazy enough to put a tent on the back of the truck!
I can't believe you didn't know about this!!! We used to have one for our indestructible Ford Ranger when I was growing up. But, while we had friends that had ones they had ordered and paid a ton of money for, my dad "created" one. He bolted huge industrial sized snaps to the bed, then cut the bottom of a large tent out and put the other end of the snaps on the bottom of the tent. When we got where we were going, we could either set up a tent or we could snap one on. It was awesome for those times when it started raining or something as then the bottom of the tent didn't get soaked. But with 4 people in the bed of a Ford Ranger, it was cramped.... lol

Of course, my dad did some mods to that truck for camping and such too. He bolted a bench seat and seat belts into the bed for my sis and I, cut out the roof (the truck had been rolled) and made it a convertible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Related Content You Might Like: