• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Own non-toyota vehicles? 2010 Chrysler Town & Country ~ Holt Chrysler Arlington, Texas FAIL!

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Definately not 5 star treatment.
Sounds like their floating in the middle somewhere between failure and a long trail back to building a loyal customer base.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
They would be well served to have an extra person out in their service bay just to meet and greet people.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
FAIL!

I told them to have it painted at a CHRYSLER DEALER, they sent it off to a mom-and-pop dealership that I think is called "David's Paint and Body" locally. Either way, #1 the color is off. #2 the clearcoat is off and #3 it's not installed on properly.

town-and-country-minivan-fail.png

See how the color's don't match? That was at night in low light and I was able to spot this. Who knows what it's going to look like during the daytime in full sunlight. Good luck for me trying to sell it, people are going to say ... "wow, that's had major front-end work done, hasn't it?"

Moreover, the bumper wasn't even put on straight. It's off enough to show the entire width of the fender metal sticking out at the apex of the frontmost metal curve.

Ugh. (more photos coming later ... my camera is taking photos that are too large for me to upload for some reason)

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
okay,I haven't posted anything to this thread in awhile, I've been trying to let the dealership do the right thing.

I have to say, this situation is so bizarre, but I don't think anyone person is to blame. If there any one is to blame, I have to say is for management and ownership of this dealership. They didn't give their people the right tools, the right training, enough support, and basically the right environment to do well.

because everything is so mismanaged, my first service advisor and his lack of attention went totally on noticed by everybody. When they finally started to figure out that he wasn't doing his job, from what I understand, who knows how much time and how much damage has been done.

I did not know, that this dealership did not have a body shop. My guess, and this is just a guess, is that once they got a better and more active service advisor on this project they told their text to rush the job and get it done quickly. In doing that, they damage the bumper and they did the right thing and offer to replace it, but I don't have a body shop!

so really the last few weeks, have just been them trying to get a bumper which they did, and get it painted which they sent to the cheapest place in town to get something painted at. That's my problem now. I think it doesn't look good, the paint doesn't match the other paint on the car, they didn't have aligned right, and now they have mostly gotten it aligned properly but it doesn't look right it looks kind of funny. And in moving around the scratch the pain of the paint had rubbed up against the fenders.

so now, I'm left wondering if this is even a decent paint job. Like I said the paint looks like its not the same color, the clear coat definitely does not look as thick as rich as the rest of the paint on the rest of the vehicle. And I just had the bumper painted 100 percent about 6 months ago. Maybe a little bit longer but it was definitely in the year 2013 the bumper was painted at a very high quality and respected Chevrolet dealership in the city of Dallas.

so I know that it was done properly, it actually was over $600 to get it repainted. And now they send it to the cheapest place they could possibly find and I'm wondering if in 6 months a couple of small things might get put into it that otherwise would have been protected by a really thick and glossy clear coat which I pay for earlier this year, now suddenly is going to be just bring the car because extremely cheap not very well done paint job has been done to the to the bumper.

so now, I've given it back to them, even though they really haven't done a very good job at all, I do understand the struggles they're having their but they still should have some pride in the work that they do. I did a little bit of a stock today, that I'm really not proud of even though it was really funny.

I went down there with one of those markers that you write on Windows with, & I wrote on the back of the window 10 weeks at Holt! YouTube Holt. I thought it was pretty funny, but when the service director sought he about came unglued and honestly I think it hurt so I ended up a racing it cuz I thought the guy might start crying on me. Or maybe he was holding back in anger in one of the deck me. Either way he was professional about it he stated that he didn't think that was fair, I asked if it was true and he said yes it was true, but he had only taken over the account just a couple of few weeks ago and I told him that I would give them some slack. That's true, I did tell him I was going to get them some slack, and they screwed me over three or four more times. Either way, it's not the end of the world. But I still think there's something wrong when we can get to this point from a major big 3 car manufacturer can have just this low level of service.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Dropped off my van at Holt Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram on 10/2 and they delivered it on 12/20.

After everything I've been through. This is how they have left it.

The engine sounds good. The brakes don't feel right at all though. But what gets me is that the bumper is screwed up and they once again didn't get the grill hooked up properly.

1387566202237.jpg
20131220_125514.jpg
1387566283855.jpg
1387566363520.jpg
20131220_133820.jpg

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
When my van was there for over 10 weeks I went to visit it and I wrote this on the back of the window.

1526590_10152110804014076_582243926_n.jpg

SharkRider

100 Posts
I love that picture. I will be sure to tell my friends in Texas to avoid Holt Chrysler Arlington.

However, what do you expect when you purchase a Chrysler?

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I just dropped it off at Don Davis Chrysler in North Arlington right now. This is so much better off an operation/dealership than Holt.

20140107_183947.jpg

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I just dropped it off at Don Davis Chrysler in North Arlington right now. This is so much better off an operation/dealership than Holt.

View attachment 2433
Looks like Don Davis is the place that you want it to be. Are they going to fix the problems with the van under warranty? That service drive they have there looks like you could eat off the floor, that's pretty clean looking for sure.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
... plus I have to tell you that even though it's a Chrysler, it still LOOKS very good. Hardly like a minivan at all with 70000 miles on it like you said it does. Still a little bit shocking that you had to get an new engine so early on in the vehicle's life though. What happened to quality?

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Dropped off my van at Holt Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram on 10/2 and they delivered it on 12/20.

After everything I've been through. This is how they have left it.

The engine sounds good. The brakes don't feel right at all though. But what gets me is that the bumper is screwed up and they once again didn't get the grill hooked up properly.

View attachment 2401 View attachment 2402 View attachment 2403 View attachment 2405 View attachment 2406
Ok, in looking at those photos, I'm getting angry for you! WHO WOULD THINK THAT IT'S ACCEPTABLE TO REPAIR A VEHICLE BY DRILLING HOLES AND ATTACHING NEW SCREWS INTO THE GRILL? WOWOWOWOWOWOW. That's like one of the worst things I've ever seen. Even in Cuba or a place that's not seen a new car since 1957 they would laugh at you for doing such a pos repair job.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I took the van into Don Davis Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram ... and they said it was the cam sensor warning, so the tech flashed the system and that made the CEL turn off. But it came back on later, so I took it back in and they're going to probably tear the engine apart and replace the sensor itself. They gave me a 2014 Town & Country minivan to drive in the meantime and they clearly made a lot of upgrades between 2010 and 2014.

Hanau

I own a honda element 4wd. Has been very reliable from the start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Just picked up the van again after having a couple of internal cam sensors replaced ... They noticed that Holt Chrysler Jeep Dodge in Arlington TX also damaged some wires good into the pcm ... They repaired those wires ... which I'm not sure if I'm cool with that or not ... They maybe should replace the wire.

Anyhow they said that they might have a pcm issue as well. I've got to check after maybe 40 miles.

The engine idles very rough and shakes the whole van. Ugh. Won't this just end?

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I've got this van back into the shop, there's some strange pop-pop-pop noises coming from the rear when driving at low speeds. Then when I put a little bit of pressure on the brakes it goes away. Midas put on some new hardware 2 years ago this month so it should be under warranty. This Chrysler design is just flawed IMHO.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Looks like the rear brake caliper has jumped for some reason and got the boot torn off. This van has had significant periods of sitting idle over the past year so wonder if they got stuck somehow? Seems like the parking brake can be hard to get to disengage from time to time so maybe that has something to do with it? I mean, it sat idle for at least 4 weeks on two different occasions.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
That van seems to be giving you a workout.
You must have lots of patients.

Related Content You Might Like: