• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

22re Head Gasket

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Boy did not have time to repair so he replaced truck....now I have a very nice '89 Toyota 4x4 for sale that needs a new head. We have come to the conclusion "inferior parts" failure. Possibly camshaft not hardened
Truck is definitely getting lots of attention and my ad keeps the lookyloos and dreamers at bay.
1989 Toyota Other Pickups Pickup Truck | used cars & trucks | Thunder Bay | Kijiji
That's a shame, hopefully someone will give it another home and some tlc.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
I was going to do the work but still healing from spinal fusion and not ready for this type of wrenching,,,figured that out when I was crawling around under my own Toyota greasing and changing oil,,feels like too many birthdays!

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
Sold the boys truck yesterday....buyer has a 700 mile road trip to fetch this truck but he is getting a very nice solid truck. Sure had to field a lot of emails from idiots and scammers....so many go to great lengths to try and fleece for such little gain.
IMG_2133.JPG

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Sold the boys truck yesterday....buyer has a 700 mile road trip to fetch this truck but he is getting a very nice solid truck. Sure had to field a lot of emails from idiots and scammers....so many go to great lengths to try and fleece for such little gain.View attachment 4990
Hopefully the new owner will breathe life back into her.

I've become almost numb to the level of fraud going on today. Just a sign of the times.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I was going to do the work but still healing from spinal fusion and not ready for this type of wrenching,,,figured that out when I was crawling around under my own Toyota greasing and changing oil,,feels like too many birthdays!
How's the spinal fusion recovery for you? I've heard that when you're younger it's easier to bounce back, but ...

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
I recovered well from spinal fusion. It was a 6 1/2 hour operation. The pain is gone. Recovery was no walk in the park, 3 1/2 months wearing a TSLO. I was fortunate to have a excellent neurosurgeon and as usual the nurses are always awesome!

He's been adding antifreeze daily for a week. He came buy last night, warmed engine up, no external leaks but the telltale white smoke billowing out tailpipe as well moisture inside oil filler cap...no noticeable moisture on dipstick yet....timing chain guides are making a racket as well so add that to the list ,might as well do water pump while we are in there...
you may also want to check timming cover they can get ware holes in them which will cause same issues just letting you know

Related Content You Might Like: