• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Locked keys inside Toyota Tacoma!

Johnclave777

I forgot my key inside my Tacoma and locked the door now i done have an alternate key how should i get it back what should i do?????

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Slim Jim
Call a Lock Smith
Break the smallest window
if it has a sliding window you may be able pop the lock on it

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I'd call a lock smith for sure, probably cost you $50 to open a lockout. I have AAA so it's all prepaid and I don't have to worry about fumbling with cash or anything at the time I need service, plus they are more responsive when they're dealing with AAA because they know that there will be an automated call-back and they will get graded on their service.

AAA Roadside Benefits - Lockout Service
http://discover.aaa.com/CarDriving/RoadsideAssistanceBenefits

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I havent bought a new Toyota in 13 years, do they still give you the plastic credit card key that will only unlock the door?
I still have the one for my 99 Tacoma and it's never been used.

antonino

100 Posts
A lock smith will do. Worse case scenario is the little breakings that must be done. If your car have alarms, then better inform the neighborhood right away, or they might call the cops.

eric808

Call a locksmith. The Tacoma locks look like you could use a slim Jim, but the vertical rod is in a plastic housing. Slim jim wont grab it. What the locksmith well use is a rod about 20 inches long, that has a4 inch piece going up afrom the bottomt about 11 oclock, then to a1 inch piece that goes to

- - - Updated - - -

About 8 oclock. The rod goes in, under thewindow, into the cab and comes out right next to the vertical lock., on thee inside of the cab. It then catches onto the lock (the side facing the
window) and pulls the thum
b latch up. I'm a locksmith!

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Call a locksmith. The Tacoma locks look like you could use a slim Jim, but the vertical rod is in a plastic housing. Slim jim wont grab it. What the locksmith well use is a rod about 20 inches long, that has a4 inch piece going up afrom the bottomt about 11 oclock, then to a1 inch piece that goes to

- - - Updated - - -

About 8 oclock. The rod goes in, under thewindow, into the cab and comes out right next to the vertical lock., on thee inside of the cab. It then catches onto the lock (the side facing the
window) and pulls the thum
b latch up. I'm a locksmith!

What a great piece of advise, Welcome to the site [MENTION=4251]eric808[/MENTION]

So do you have a shop in were you do your profession as a locksmith?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Lots of people locking themselves out of their toyota trucks have viewed this content.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
Plastic wedge to pry door is how pro opened my door.. YouTube year and model. Slim Jims not appropriate for many years,,they just cause damage

Related Content You Might Like: