1. Welcome To ToyotaTruckClub.com!

We started way back in 2005 and are one of the oldest Toyota Truck & SUV forums on the internet. If you have any questions about your Toyota Truck, SUV, Crossover or Minivan, or just want to connect with other Toyota owners around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Locked keys inside Toyota Tacoma!

Discussion in 'Toyota Truck General Discussion' started by Johnclave777, May 8, 2012.

1. Johnclave777

Johnclave777 New Member

Credit:
    177pts
    I forgot my key inside my Tacoma and locked the door now i done have an alternate key how should i get it back what should i do?????
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Moderator Staff Member 100 Posts

Credit:
    266,500pts
    Slim Jim
    Call a Lock Smith
    Break the smallest window
    if it has a sliding window you may be able pop the lock on it
    MuddyTacoma likes this.
  3. toyotafan

toyotafan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Credit:
    1,160,625pts
    I'd call a lock smith for sure, probably cost you $50 to open a lockout. I have AAA so it's all prepaid and I don't have to worry about fumbling with cash or anything at the time I need service, plus they are more responsive when they're dealing with AAA because they know that there will be an automated call-back and they will get graded on their service.

AAA Roadside Benefits - Lockout Service
    http://discover.aaa.com/CarDriving/RoadsideAssistanceBenefits
  4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Moderator Staff Member 100 Posts

Credit:
    266,500pts
    I havent bought a new Toyota in 13 years, do they still give you the plastic credit card key that will only unlock the door?
    I still have the one for my 99 Tacoma and it's never been used.
  5. antonino

antonino New Member

Credit:
    2,657pts
    A lock smith will do. Worse case scenario is the little breakings that must be done. If your car have alarms, then better inform the neighborhood right away, or they might call the cops.
    MuddyTacoma likes this.
  6. TruckRider

TruckRider Mechanic 1000 Posts

Credit:
    29,282pts

Hi Johnclave777, any updates, Did you get this figured out? How did you fix the issue so far?
  7. eric808

eric808 New Member

Credit:
    27,955pts
    Call a locksmith. The Tacoma locks look like you could use a slim Jim, but the vertical rod is in a plastic housing. Slim jim wont grab it. What the locksmith well use is a rod about 20 inches long, that has a4 inch piece going up afrom the bottomt about 11 oclock, then to a1 inch piece that goes to

- - - Updated - - -

About 8 oclock. The rod goes in, under thewindow, into the cab and comes out right next to the vertical lock., on thee inside of the cab. It then catches onto the lock (the side facing the
    window) and pulls the thum
    b latch up. I'm a locksmith!
    MuddyTacoma likes this.
  8. TruckRider

TruckRider Mechanic 1000 Posts

Credit:
    29,282pts

What a great piece of advise, Welcome to the site [MENTION=4251]eric808[/MENTION]

So do you have a shop in were you do your profession as a locksmith?
  9. MuddyTacoma

MuddyTacoma Active Member 100 Posts

Credit:
    238,490pts
    Never heard back from you on this.