• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Yet another Toyota recall. This time it's the 2019 & 20 RAV4

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Over 44,000 cars and SUVs from the 2019 and 2020 model years are being recalled because they may overheat, stall, or even catch fire.

Affected vehicles include 2020 Toyota Camry, Toyota Camry Hybrid, Toyota Avalon Hybrid, and Lexus ES300h sedans, and 2019-2020 Toyota RAV4 and RAV4 Hybrid SUVs.

The recall is due to an issue with the engine block, where combustion takes place. Because of a manufacturing error, the engine block could leak coolant or oil, which may lead to a stall or fire while the engine is in use. Drivers may first notice warning lights and chimes, increased engine noise, and/or engine smoke.

Charlie2640

It's why I would only by a 2018 RAV4 AWD, and screw the hybrid part. At least we don't have Honda's with gas infiltration into the oil (Honda says it won't affect engine reliability <smirk>) I really miss my 1996 4-Runner with 4WD. I should have never sold it to one of the kids.

JB1025

The trend seem's to be most new car's are just lousy with so much cheap plastic under the hood there is a much higher turn over as they become brittle and fail from heat cycles. cheap cheap.....but cost $$$$$$$

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
It seems like the trend had been secondary or lesser systems that would have an issue that would reduce driver comfort or at the worst of these were recalls related to floor mats sliding around, turn signal switches losing contact, etc.

Now we're looking at things like AC systems going out, airbags that blow up in your face and will blind you or snap your neck or systems eletronic failure that can start a fire!!!

JB1025

It seems like the trend had been secondary or lesser systems that would have an issue that would reduce driver comfort or at the worst of these were recalls related to floor mats sliding around, turn signal switches losing contact, etc.

Now we're looking at things like AC systems going out, airbags that blow up in your face and will blind you or snap your neck or systems eletronic failure that can start a fire!!!
Any chance of some Toyota Truck club stickers never got one JB1025

Related Content You Might Like: