• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Window tinting for my 2010 toyota tacoma

Jeff2119

Did you have your windows tinted and if so how dark did you go and what would you suggest? I want to go as dark as possible I think but dont want to make it to hard to see out especially at night.

LairdBrother

So far I only have factory tint on my windows but will be going to something darker soon. You need to first start by looking to see what your state laws are for window tinting in your state. It varies a bit by state but alot of states only regulate the front window. You dont want to go to dark get a ticket, and then be stuck with trying to have it removed. I would go with about 30% if you can, I think that would look awesome.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Check state regs, if your having a shop do the work most shops wont warranty window tint darker than the state regs, some shops wont even use tint darker than state regs.
If your doing it yourself you can go as dark as you want, but be prpared to be hassled by the Law, this may be the only reason they need to pull you over and ruin your day.

Ranger

My wife use to have a car that we bought used from a older lady and the windows were tinted so dark. It made it hard to see out the back windo at night and she also got hassled by the cops more than once. She always somehow got her way out of a ticket though. I think to dark and it becomes a safety issue

tarheel

I had a buddy with an SUV that had the same problem. He wanted it really dark for the "cool" factor, but even at dusk, I couldn't see anything out his back window. Seems like a pretty big safety hit for just having the windows look good.

danstpierre

100 Posts
As long as its dark enough not to be seen inside, is already fine. Don't make it too dark as it may pose safety issues for you too. Be safe.

balihaisen

100 Posts
Consult the tinting shop. For sure they'll have useful insights on the proper tint for you. What are experts for. Besides, you're a paying costumer.

Related Content You Might Like: