• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Window Film And Paint Protection

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Notice I said Film and not Tint.
I learned a huge amount about window coatings this week from a friend of mine in the business.
Most know I purchased the wife her dream car last fall, a 2017 Challenger SRT. Here in the south most new car dealers add window tint to cars as soon as they get on the lot, then pass the cost to the buyer. Our car arrived from out of state specifically for us and had no tint, we insisted we wouldnt pay extra for tint and didnt want it.
The plan from the beginning was a lighter tint than the privacy tint everyone else used.
We were introduced to a product by 3M called "Crystalline Series" window film. It has the ability to reject 62% of Solar energy and 97% of heat producing infrared rays, it also blocks 99% of ultraviolet (uv) rays.
The CR70 and CR90 series is so clear its legal to be used on the front windshield, actually enhancing vision by reducing glare from sunlight and headlights.
We had CR70 put on the windshield and CR60 on the side Windows.
Since our car (actually read as her car) is a rare GoMango color that shows paint touch-ups and panel repairs we also had XPEL Ultimate/Stealth paint protection film placed on all leading panels, behind the wheels, and high wear areas.
The XPEL Ultimate/Stealth paint protection product is perfectly clear and unnoticeable except for the edge where you have to search with a fingernail for it.
Expel also has the ability to "heal" itself, at about 80deg the product will fill in scratches and small gouged.
And to top everything off we had a black stripe wrapped around the tail of the car, just in front of the spoiler.
I really recommend anyone looking at window films or paint protection research these two products, so far they look great and appear to do as advertised.

Related Content You Might Like: