• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Why do you drive Toyota?

GearHead

100 Posts
Well, the answer to this question is simple for me: Toyota makes the best smaller trucks out there, period. They seem to last the longest with the least problems, are easy to modify, and are fun to drive.

redneckgirl

TTC Chicks
I have always had 'big' trucks, always king cabs and gas hogs. my husband bought an s-10 a few years ago and it was actually enjoyable to drive. my father in law has a toyota but it is always breaking down. Someone told us it must be some kind of fluke because they are normally pretty reliable. We're thinking about another truck here after the new year, so i thought i might look more into the toyotas. I like the ground clearance they have more so than the s-10 my husband drives.

GearHead

100 Posts
I have always had 'big' trucks, always king cabs and gas hogs. my husband bought an s-10 a few years ago and it was actually enjoyable to drive. my father in law has a toyota but it is always breaking down. Someone told us it must be some kind of fluke because they are normally pretty reliable. We're thinking about another truck here after the new year, so i thought i might look more into the toyotas. I like the ground clearance they have more so than the s-10 my husband drives.
I had a 98 S10 from 2003-5, and it was always breaking down. The Toyota that I got after that was a decade older with 100k more miles and it never once left me stranded, although I did have to swap out a few minor parts once in a while. Much better truck than the S10 though, I can say that for sure.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Necessity, my first Toyota truck was because I was deploying overseas for 3 years and needed a truck that I could depend on and find parts for in any country. We had previously been stationed in the Phillipines for 2 years and our Chevy truck was not only to big for most of the roads but impossible to get parts for and get repaired.
Over the next 20 years we continued buying new Toyota trucks to take overseas with us every time we moved to a different country.

redneckgirl

TTC Chicks
I'm starting to like more and more of what I hear. We actually live in Mexico and you are so right about the size of the streets in certain countries! They have 2 way streets but are more like 1.25 lanes with huge potholes.

redneckgirl

TTC Chicks
The highways are nice, but the roads in the city are pretty bad. There will be potholes all the way through the pavement and into the underlying earth and it takes like an act of congress to get it fixed. Sometimes there are sinkholes and people just stick tree branches in them so drivers won't run into them. When they do fill the pot holes, they just make mounds of asphalt in them, which makes them even bumpier.

GearHead

100 Posts
Yeah, they can be pretty bad in some areas. Driving in Mexico is an adventure to say the least. Often a road will be closed off but there will be no warnings or markers, stoplights are more of a suggestion than a regulatory device, and the drivers are for the most part absolutely insane. I've only been down in Baja so I can't speak for other regions, but I imagine they are about the same in most parts of the country.

redneckgirl

TTC Chicks
baja sounds like the rest of the country. most people don't have a license and even if they do, they probably don't have insurance. everyone drives like morons, no one uses turn signals and some cars don't even have turn signals or brake lights.

redneckgirl

TTC Chicks
dead serious. most people don't have licenses, dont'have insurance, dont'use seatbelts or car seats for babies and let their kids climb all over the place and hang out the windows. i can't stand it.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
dead serious. most people don't have licenses, dont'have insurance, dont'use seatbelts or car seats for babies and let their kids climb all over the place and hang out the windows. i can't stand it.
Wow, talk about a lack of law and order. Is that an indication of how everyone in the country is or just maybe a more relaxed and carefree lifestyle?

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

Of course we see kids from time to time without seatbelts or not in a proper carseat for their age and it drives me nuts. Just a simple wreck can kill a child that's not in a proper seatbelt.

Toyota Girl

100 Posts
yeaaaah toyota! Give me a T! Give me an O!.. well you get the idea.

I had no idea that things were that bad in mexico! how do you get your car fixed after a wreck or something?

GearHead

100 Posts
Never had to get a car fixed there, but I guess if you are a local you just find a mechanic or a body shop like anywhere else. You have to carry Mexican insurance to be covered down there, and I've seen some repairs that are, um.... creative I guess would be the way to put it. Mexicans are wonderfully resourceful, making do with whatever they have, which is often not much. I'm sure if you were to go down there and wreck a vehicle you could find a shop that would give you professional service and repairs, but it would be a lot more difficult to find one than here.

HankMoody

I think the Japanese are awesome engineers and I trust the product.

I also think that aesthetically Toyota's are just really good cars and everyone I know who has one seems pretty happy with them.

SamSmith

I will first preference to Toyota vehicle. B'coz All model manufactured by Toyota's are great performance on the road.

Related Content You Might Like: