• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

who is using real snow tires on their truck

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
I would like to hear what brand SNOW tire people are running,,not M&S tires but real snow tires with the little mountain and snowflake symbol on the tire. We have Goodyears on our OT car,,,100% better traction than all season. I am looking for reviews on a 31x10.50 SNOW TIRE. There is a huge difference from one brand to the next as to get the snow rating the performance only has to be 10% better than a all season. I currently have Toyo M&S,,they suck in the snow. Yes its really minus -33 C here this morning..-39 with the chill factor

Last edited:

ARMTDAWG586064

Mastercraft tires have a great truck, all weather- tire. I install on every truck I have ever owed and they did great especially in rain. Plus they ride soft and no noise. well worth looking into.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
I use stud less Blizzaks great tire. No issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's likely what i will get. Everyone seems to love their blizzaks. I can't find reviews on the other snow tires out there. I am picking up a set of blizzaks tires and rims for our camry this week when I go down to Minnesnowta. I know some of the ice racers up here were running blizzaks and outperforming the guys running studded tires. Studded tires are great for traction but steering is not the same. Fine at low speed.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
There has always been a trade off for takeoff and low speed performance vs. High Speed performance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
I picked up a set of used factory Toyota rims with Wild Country SNOW tires on them. I like these rims much better as they don't stick out beyond the body as the old ones did. The snow tires have very good traction.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I picked up a set of used factory Toyota rims with Wild Country SNOW tires on them. I like these rims much better as they don't stick out beyond the body as the old ones did. The snow tires have very good traction.

Those look great. How are they handling? What about off snow?

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
The difference in handling on ice or snow is night and day compared to the Toyo M&S that were on there.. No noticeable difference on bare pavement. Not much in the way of bare dry pavement up here now for a few months. Mostly windblown ice covered roads.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
What snow? We got a dump in November and been mild,,,mild is 32F,,,finally dropped to -20F last night... we have enough snow for ground cover or 4 inches of frozen ugly white ice...mild temps and rain last week. A small deer stepped into my path at work and fell on the road...so after i hit it i stopped to see about damage and as soon as I got out of my truck I fell on my ass...road was wet black ice which explains the deers trouble walking on the road. The bumper on my toyota would stand up better than the piece of tin on the freightliner.

Attachments

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I'm looking at getting either an 4WD or AWD vehicle to replace my minivan in the next few weeks, really starting to lean towards the Highlander after going to carmax and getting to sit in them back to back.

Just don't think that I can afford a newer Land Cruiser, not enough room in the 4Runner, might like to do back to back with a Sequoia and Highlander. Then we might try to take a mid winter trip to New Mexico up in the mountains and snow.

Related Content You Might Like: