• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

When should you change your fuel filter?

supernovax3

100 Posts
I've had my truck a while and I've heard varying mileage-based changing requirements, but I've also heard of just changing it when an issue arises. When do you know to change yours? Do you just eyeball it?

Daniel

Some of the newer vehicles don't really have a specified interval for replacing the fuel filter. Some even have these "lifetime" filters that ,as the name states, never need to be changed.
I personally make sure my Toyota gets a new fuel filter every few years. It's not completely necessary. It's just an insurance that reduces the risk of plugging up.

supernovax3

100 Posts
Hmmm a few years seems fair. Fuel filters aren't that expensive so it won't hurt. My truck is older so I highly doubt there's a lifetime filter on it.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
4 or 5 years ago Toyota revised their maintenance manuals to reflect that fuel filters should only be changed when its a known problem, it isnt regarded as a routine maintenance item.
I change mine about every 70K when I do major maintenance on the vehicle.

supernovax3

100 Posts
I would still feel uneasy about a "lifetime" filter, I agree with Loves2Ride. I don't want to wait for an issue to arise with it to change it!

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
4 or 5 years ago Toyota revised their maintenance manuals to reflect that fuel filters should only be changed when its a known problem, it isnt regarded as a routine maintenance item.
I change mine about every 70K when I do major maintenance on the vehicle.

I agree for 70K that was the advice of warranty personnel when I purchase my truck..

Related Content You Might Like: