• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

when does the 4.7 v8 need timing belt, and cost?

ironandsteel

I'm1st gen Tundra shopping. At what miles does the V8 need timing belt? As I look at trucks with 200k I need to factor in the cost of this preventative maintenance. What would a typical charge be for this work- $800?

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
IIRC, the service interval for timing belt replacement is around 100K miles, but stories abound of owners waiting until 120K, which could be risky. I would ask for concrete evidence (receipts) from sellers of having this done. If no evidence, walk away, or be prepared to spend $1000 or so to have it done. Water pumps should be replaced at the same time, and kits are available that contain the belt, water pump, and gaskets. For a truck with 200K+ miles, the timing belt should have been replaced at least twice.

fxbrokersCego

Former Member
При необходимости можно не только парсить картинки, но и производить уникализацию изображений, в частности это касается метатегов, размеров и т. sxctp Предназначен для отображения на странице изображений. mskrecipes При включении технологий искусственного интеллекта с глубоким обучением будет запущен процесс автоматизированного принятия ценовых решений с минимальным вмешательством человека и максимальной гибкостью. rpb

Ted939

IIRC, the service interval for timing belt replacement is around 100K miles, but stories abound of owners waiting until 120K, which could be risky. I would ask for concrete evidence (receipts) from sellers of having this done. If no evidence, walk away, or be prepared to spend $1000 or so to have it done. Water pumps should be replaced at the same time, and kits are available that contain the belt, water pump, and gaskets. For a truck with 200K+ miles, the timing belt should have been replaced at least twice.
So, is that to say , that timing belt should be replaced every 100K miles (at 100K, 200K, 300K, 400K)?

Max Fowler

So, is that to say , that timing belt should be replaced every 100K miles (at 100K, 200K, 300K, 400K)?
My 2005 Tundra owner's manual says every 90k miles. At a dealer the cost is just over $1000. My truck has over 211.000 miles, so I'm coming up on 3rd replacement.

Related Content You Might Like: