• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

wheel spacers

fad53

hey folks, I'm drivin a 09 double cab prerunner. I wanted to change the look after drivin it for 3 yrs. so I got a set of 1 1/2" wheel spacers from Motorcity bolt ons. We balanced all the wheels, tightened everything down and on the test drive we now have a mild shimmy at 55mph. We took everything off, traded the spacers around to different wheels and after a total of 3 switcharoos and test drives, I still got this damn shimmy. I'm desperate. Would it make any difference if the wheels were balanced again but this time with the plates attached to them so as to include them in the balancing.

Last edited:

fad53

Hello, tap-tap-tap, is this mic on? No one has an opinion or answer for this? Are there any mechanics in the audience?

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
try that and see my honest opinion is to ditch the wheel spacers and get you a set of rims you like with the back spacing already built into the rim

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I gotta agree with 1 Bad Tacoma, I'm not a fan of spacers they normally do more harm than good.
Spacers and improperly backspaced wheels will kill a set of bearings quick.
The only way I'd even think of using spacers is if I was running a full floating axle.

fad53

This is all mute now fellas. I took them off and sent them back after a couple of days. They looked real good but I didn't trust them.

Related Content You Might Like: