• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Whats make a truck jumpable?

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Hi All,

I want to know what is needed to build a Tacoma that can pre-run and hit bumps with out slowing down and jumps.

Any thoughts, ideas and suggestions are welcome thanks for the help.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Long travel suspension, and the desire to destroy your truck.
most prerinners used for prerinning on a regular basis normally dont have a long life span, they suffer from stress and fatigue cracks in the frame and normally end up retired and donating what ever parts are still useable to keep other trucks running.

suncomb1

Truck frame Boxed, Braced, etc. Braced / high strength Axle Housings and Axles. Suspension design based on full weight and Max Speed. Wheels, Tires and the weight of them. High strength transmission, transfer case and drive shafts. Custom built knuckles and steering components. The list goes on and on. I hope you have about $50,000-$60,000 to spend. If you look at my truck; I bought it new, Off-Road(capable of 100-120 MPH) raced it, turned into a show truck and have about $240,000 + invested in it over the last 30 years.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
If you want a full-on desert rally racing & jumping truck ... One that lasts longer than your first few jumps ... You're going to need some pretty impressive upgrades.

mikesdoublecab

knowing how to drive out in the dez helps too... you can mob and prerun in a mid travel truck up to a certain speed and pace... if you don't plan to stop, then what the others above mentioned is what you need to pay attention to...

if you are local to the Southern California region, feel free to hit up the Mojave Desert with us and see what all is involved...

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
knowing how to drive out in the dez helps too... you can mob and prerun in a mid travel truck up to a certain speed and pace... if you don't plan to stop, then what the others above mentioned is what you need to pay attention to...

if you are local to the Southern California region, feel free to hit up the Mojave Desert with us and see what all is involved...
Toyota is giving my some vehicles to test drive. I'd love a good long road trip, lol.

TacoJennifer

TTC Chicks
lol, that's so wrong. What do people mean by jumping? like an evel keneval type of jump, or like just going out into the hills and being able to go over stuff every now and again when you come up to a sand dune or dirt pile or something?

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
The original poster was looking for a highspeed run it like your trying to out race the devil type set.

Related Content You Might Like: