• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

What genre of music do you like?

Brad

100 Posts
I'm a big fan of rap, dubstep and rock. Yes, I'm young so that's why I don't really enjoy the older generation of music.

What genre of music do you like?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I grew up listening to 80's rock and 90's alternative rock, so that's what I listen to. However, I like anything with energy and I do like country, some R&B, southern rock, etc.

slowGEEZR

When I grew up in the '50's and '60's, my father always had big band jazz playing on his stereo, but I preferred singers like Elvis or Frank and early rock. I remember when the Beatles came along and everything changed in the music world. Everyone I knew and myself were into the Stones, Beatles, Animals, Gerry and the Pacemakers, all the English bands. Then came Led Zep, Vanilla Fudge, Savoy Brown, Janis Joplin, Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, Jefferson Airplane, Jim Croce, Dylan, too many to list all the rock and rock-folk bands that I was into. Bubble gum music then became popular, but not with me. I started to get into bands that were not as well known, due to members that were in other bands I had liked like Zephyr from Colorado because Tommy Bolin was the lead guitarist. I got into "acid rock", a term used for bands whose music seemed best suited for listening while stoned. Then, as life events changed, I just listened to whatever was on the radio, mostly the current pop and rock. I did start to get into a little country rock crossover music and a little bit of progressive jazz crossover, though. I tired of the old "heavy rock" eventually and started to really get into blues for a while. Nowadays, I like a lot of music. Bands I like are Radiohead, Calexico, Dave Alvin, Angus and Julia Stone, Beck, Amos Lee, Big Head Todd and the Monsters, Black Keys, Bob Schneider, Bruce Cockburn. Actually, I'm going to stop there. I have approximately three terabytes of digital music as well as over a thousand vinyl lp's and too many artists to start listing. I'm into a lot of jazz, NOT smooth jazz, which puts me to sleep and indie rock. Ok, enough rambling. Time to hit the gym.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I've never heard of Vanilla Fudge, otherwise I'm familial with all of the rest of that last list.

Brad

100 Posts
I grew up listening to 80's rock and 90's alternative rock, so that's what I listen to. However, I like anything with energy and I do like country, some R&B, southern rock, etc.
What are your thoughts on modern music, such as dubstep and electronic?

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Scream metal is technically music, I guess. Just very dark. Not my thing.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
For some reason I've been on a kick listening to music from the 60's and 70's a lot lately. That's before my time, but the Beach Boys, Led Zeppelin, Chicago, Doobie Brothers, etc.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Been listening to beach boys the last few weeks. Something about going to California for me hooked.

Related Content You Might Like: