• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

What does crossover mean?

BeachBumGal

TTC Chicks
Forgive me for sounding naive, but what does crossover mean? I know they are in the SUV category, but how are they different (or are they)? Thanks ahead of time.

Edited: What does EVs mean as well?

SUVFan

No problem..a crossover is a type of SUV. Sometimes, you may hear people say CUV instead of an SUV. Typically, the CUVs will give you the room you would gain with an SUV but with better fuel economy. It is also my understanding that the crossovers are built on a passenger car chassis.

James

100 Posts
A crossover is a mix between a car and an SUV. It is more fuel efficient than a traditional SUV. However it has more room for hauling than a car.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Crossovers are typically unibody construction, like modern cars. Suvs are typically a body sitting on a truck frame.

James

100 Posts
Actually, I believe that few SUVS these days sit on a truck frame. They used to, but this is largely a thing of the past.

James

100 Posts
The Pathfinder, the Ford Explorer and the Lincoln Town Car have recently ditched the V8 and truck frame.

Related Content You Might Like: