• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Weber carbs and mechanical linkage

tertel

I have a 1977 20R toyota with mechanical linkage that I would like to put a weber carb on but I am told they are only for cable linkage. HAs anyone else had this problem and how did you resolve it?
Can I jsut get a cable linkage from a later model truck and install it and will that then solve my problem, is there a kit somewhere to get to adapt to mechanical linkage?

tertel

This is the carb I am looking at trying to fit, [h=1]TOYOTA PICKUP 20R & 22R 32/36 DGEVE-CHOKE NEW GENUINE WEBER CARB CONVERSION KIT (130757053318), is this i the right one or should I be looking at a different one. Or can I simply acquire a cable linkage from a later model toy truck and fit that so
I won't have this problem?[/h]

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I don't have yet any problem with mechanical linkage, by the way Tertel did you find a weber carb kit to your truck? does it solves your problem?

tertel

I don't have yet any problem with mechanical linkage, by the way Tertel did you find a weber carb kit to your truck? does it solves your problem?
I have obtained the carb. I will be attempting the installation tomro, hoping all goes well. I ordered the one specifically for My truck so..........
We shall see, glad to hear you haven't had any problems. thanks for your reply.

suncomb1

Lokar produces various types of cable linkage for carbs. Look at their online catalog and see if something works for you. I used factory Toyota and Lokar parts for my Weber DCOE 45 Side draft carbs. Quality product.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I have obtained the carb. I will be attempting the installation tomro, hoping all goes well. I ordered the one specifically for My truck so..........
We shall see, glad to hear you haven't had any problems. thanks for your reply.

thats great, just keep updating us hope it will goes well too :)

Last edited:

Related Content You Might Like: