• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Warning do not try to remove your Toyota decals

LairdBrother

Toyota is warning about trying to remove your decals saying they are part of the paint. If you try to remove them you may risk ruining your paint job which could be a very costly repair. I know some people have successfully removed them but ive seen some others that were not so lucky.

Ranger

I think some of them had the clear coat painted over the decals. If you use a hair dryer to debage your toyota truck make sure to distribute the heat evenly and the stickers will usually peel right off. A good waxing afterwards usually will remove any residual adhesive after removing your stickers. Whatever you do make sure you dont use any type of object to try to get under the sticker/badges to try to peel them off. You will scratch the clear coat under neath and damage your paint for sure. Make sure you take your time and do it right or pay a professional to do it for you.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Toyota has been warning about this for years, the clear coat issue is for vehicles coated after the factory, dealer applied protective coatings, this type coating is not covered by warranty and at times may actually void any factory warranty covering paint systems.
One more reason not to buy that aftermarket coating system the dealer is trying to sell.

toyotasrule

100 Posts
LOL. I guess it's time for you to take the advice of the posters in this thread. I'm glad I learned of this so I don't make the same mistake.

tarheel

You should avoid the aftermarket coatings anyways. The value you get is usually not worth what you paid.

Ranger

I just debadged a buddys truck for him this weekend using the hair dryer method and it came off without a hitch.

marinehaller

I think toyota is just looking for any reason they can to not warranty there vehicles to save themselves money. I say if you really want to debadge your toyota and you do it right you dont have alot to risk. The keyword being do it right.

antonino

100 Posts
And why would you remove it? It was there, part of the design to make your truck shiny.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Toyota is warning about trying to remove your decals saying they are part of the paint. If you try to remove them you may risk ruining your paint job which could be a very costly repair. I know some people have successfully removed them but ive seen some others that were not so lucky.

If in case those info are already remove the paint code, VIN number and other information on decal is indicated on Truck paper and also in the warranty booklet...

Related Content You Might Like: