• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Vladimir Putin - Russia and Ukraine

BamaKaren

TTC Chicks
100 Posts
What do you think the U.S. should do about Russia invading the Ukraine?

I think the U.S. needs to stop Russia. Time for the U.S. to flex their muscles.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Isnt this what the UN is supposed to do?
Why has America been paying so much to the UN if their not doing the job they were created for?
I think the US should hold the UN accountable for their charter and let the issue be handled by more of a world governing body. The checks we Americans write will be paid by the younger generation of Americans. The first time I see a politician on the front lines risking his life for a country he knows nothing about or shares no interest with I might be persuaded to change my mind, but as a retired vet I doubt it. Putin is a dangerous man, at this point he doesnt have much to lose by starting a fight, whats a few hundred thousand young Russians? Not much of a loss to a country that has a destroyed economy and cant employ them all anyways.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I thought a healthy share of Ukrainian citizens wanted back with Russia? The ukraine country got shafted when it came to getting land along with Belarus that's still contaminated from chernobyl too. They might be better off with Russia ... Just saying.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

James

100 Posts
tbplus10, isn't the UN mainly made up of US soldiers and paid for by the US? Is there really much difference between the UN doing the job and the U.S.?

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
The UN has a percentage of US soldiers, and soldiers from other countries that are members. US soldiers number the highest of any one group but make up less than 50% of the total end strength.
The budgt is also provided by member countries on an annual projected basis, in other words our dues are already spent whether they use the funding or not but for the us to go into Ukrain on our own we create another bill for the american people.
And as the us entering ukrain we are considered a warring or opposing force, the un has a charter for any non member pact country (ukraine) or member country (russia) to resolve conflict, disputes, etc. By having binding pacts with the un they agree to allow un forces to have access to the country for situations like this to act as peace keeping forces.
The US would simply be an invading opposing force accurately described as inciting a war

Related Content You Might Like: