• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

USA - Happy Memorial Day 2014

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Just one of those rites of passage every year, but it's got some meaning. We're at Memorial Day again, summer is almost here, spring is almost over and winter is a distant memory! But it's more than just a day off, isn't it? What's everyone got planned for memorial day 2014?

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Busy weekend for me, at work were trying to close out all our contracts for 3rd qtr fy 2014, if we succeed we'll close the shop for the month of June and send some people to training, let some take vacation, and the rest will complete maintenance on trucks, tools, and test equipt.
At home this weekend is a big move, I sold my Grand Prairie warehouse, I bought a closed trucking center in Corsicana, Tx as a temporary shop until I can find something local. Have to be out of Grand Prairie by May 30th.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Busy weekend for me, at work were trying to close out all our contracts for 3rd qtr fy 2014, if we succeed we'll close the shop for the month of June and send some people to training, let some take vacation, and the rest will complete maintenance on trucks, tools, and test equipt.
At home this weekend is a big move, I sold my Grand Prairie warehouse, I bought a closed trucking center in Corsicana, Tx as a temporary shop until I can find something local. Have to be out of Grand Prairie by May 30th.
Congrats on that! Sounds pretty cool.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Actually it sucks, I didnt want to move over to Corsicana, but I needed a new shop quick and the price was right.
A 45,000 sq ft warehouse with loft offices on 33 acres, 10 acres are graveled and the rest is wooded backing up to a pond edging the property. Its a forclosure that was empty 6 yrs so I had windows to replace and lots of cleaning.
Ill continue looking for a shop closer to home.
I already have a few people looking to rent storage for boats and trailers, a couple other rental possibilities in the works to make it pay for itself.
My old shop wasnt for sale, I just opened my mouth to the wrong person that called my bluff and gave me a price I quoted. I made money but that shop was close and convenient. The renters on the small storefronts were paying the mortgage and utilities so I had no output.
Its now being turned into storage for a collection of classic cars and possibly an auto restoration shop.
I still have a small percentage so I should make money from it now instead of just break even.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I would be on that list as well my friend!

If you're out looking, I need a small office/suite that I can go work at and "get away from it all" ... that is, having a home office that's just 10 feet away from where the kids are playing xbox! I've always worked better when I can get away from the house. That being said, if we get a boat/trailer later this year, I'm going to need a place to store it as well, and the local places are pretty spend. Just saying. :)

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Ill definately keep you updated.
My biggest problem is its over an hours drive from South GrandPrairie.
Im looking at a few places closer, found one in Midloathian that looks promising, closer, slightly smaller lot and building but has larger and better located offices and upgraded electrical services with a couple truck lifts, 2 drive over pits, loading dock and other good points.
Been empty 7 years so it needs work, im hoping to use those facts to drive the price down.

Brad

100 Posts
I don't think we have memorial day in the UK. It's just a week off for schools and normal work for me and most other adults.

Related Content You Might Like: