• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Tundra 4wd get worse gas mileage that 2wd? Other downsides to 4wd?

ironandsteel

I'm used truck shopping and I'd like to have 4wd available for occasional use around the farm, but not very much. Is there a downside to having 4wd on a 1st Gen Tundra, like gas mileage? I would think that the extra weight would hurt the mileage a little, but is it significant? And, are there other down sides to having it?

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Mileage will suffer a little but not too bad - mostly for occasional use. Only other thing would be the occasional maintenance with a transfer case and front differential. May have a grease fitting or two on the shaft. Always liked the 4wd even though I rarely used it. As the saying goes, better to have and not need than to need and not have.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
FWIW, we consistently get 16-18 MPG on our 2019 Tundra. However, we seldom haul or tow anything, and we have a tonneau cover on the bed.

fxbrokersCego

Former Member
После этого нам необходимо сгенерировать ссылки на страницы раздела. genmutant Классный парень, все сделал как нужно! smc-troyka По 5-балльной шкале буду оценивать, насколько мне было удобно и просто работать с программой. qatar

Related Content You Might Like: