• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Trundra Front end shake

tankerman

Wondering if anyone knows what could be causing a front end shake when applying the brake? The truck is an 02 with ca 110 k miles on it and has had the brakes rotors checked and new pads installed by a reputable garage. Besides shaking while braking the vehicle does not do anything strange and the shaking can not be felt at any other time. Any input will be appreciated, thanks...

Toyota Girl

100 Posts
Wheels could be out of balance. Brake rotors could be warped. Could have water or sand in there somewhere. ... lots of things could be. How long has it been occuring?

Darrin

Can you remember anything else that may have caused that before it started? Like going on a long off road trip or something else like that? Something could be just stuck beneath your car that's why that is happening even if you replaced some parts like the pads and all. Another thing could be the clutch. Clutches has always been one of the top reasons for shaking problems in the car besides the wheels. The next would be the suspension. Do give us an update about this for us to help you more about it.

tankerman

Front end weirdness

Wheels could be out of balance. Brake rotors could be warped. Could have water or sand in there somewhere. ... lots of things could be. How long has it been occuring?
Thanks for the reply. I have new tires which were balanced at the time of mounting. The brakes have also been done professionally with no signs of rotor warp indicated. The truck has been doing this sort of thing for a number of years now but has recently gotten much worse leading me to suspect a more serious problem in the front end. Any further tips will be much appreciated. Thanks again.......Peter

- - - Updated - - -

No long abusive trips off road, as a matter of fact the only off pavement this truck has been is in a dirt parking lot. It is an Automatic so unless I'm wrong I don't think it has a clutch. The shocks were replaced with some Munroe's at about 60K. As mentioned in a previous reply the problem started some time ago (barely noticeable) but has gotten much worse with time and miles. The one thing the truck has been used for is to carry lumber, furniture and that sort of thing where, strangely enough, it acts a lot better under load. Thanks.

Related Content You Might Like: