• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Tranny Problem

Misprint

The tranny on my '10 Camry's really bugging me. When I drive around the city, it downshifts quite too often. And when it shifts, it's not that smooth compared to my older car. I own a fresh 2010 Camry automatic 6 speed with just over 500 miles on it. What do you guys think is wrong?

Schnoodle

Mine has the same problem. I called my dealer and he told me it's normal. The thing about it though is that it's really jumpy and the shifting isn't so smooth. But my dealer said it'll smoothen over use and time.

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
My mom's camry has the same problem when she drives it so I got in and drove it and didn't see a problem but she likes to feather the gas so I think she was just confusing it so she took it to the dealer and they told her the same thing as yall that it was normal and now since she has drove it more it smoothed out and does fine

Sigrid

I agree, the downshift is really a bugger. An info I got from my local dealer, he said that the new camry really uses all it's 6 gears. That's why it shifts down AND up.

Schnoodle

It's really jut a problem if you think of it too much. Driving around the city will really have the camry shifting a lot. But think of it this way: when you're on the 6th gear and you came to a stop, and a truck is right behind you and you try to speed up. It takes a quite some time for the car to speed up from a total top in 6th gear. What happens in the Camry is that it shifts down quite a lot so you could speed up in such situations.

Schnoodle

If you don't mind doing 20mph on the 6th gear, then you can do without the transmission shifting down. It's actually an economical feature too, a mechanic told me.

Related Content You Might Like: