• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

trailer lights

Papas-Toy

OK, I have one of those cargo trailers with the 4-way plug that you have to turn your headlights on to use the dome light in the trailer. I was using it the other night and all of the sudden the lights on the trailer went out. The turn signals and brake lights work fine but no more running or dome light. I hooked the trailer up to the wifes suburban and everything works fine so the problem is in my trailer wiring for my Tacoma and it's the factory tow package and wiring. I have looked everywhere and cannot find a fuse, inline or in one of the fuseboxes tht goes to the trailer wiring. I tried to follow the harness and still cannot find a fuse.
Thanks in advance.

5.7yotafan

100 Posts
I'm not familiar with how the wiring is run so I can't help much, if you're still under warranty I'd take it to the dealership, if not try to find a trailer/rv dealership and see what they can tell you.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
OK, I have one of those cargo trailers with the 4-way plug that you have to turn your headlights on to use the dome light in the trailer. I was using it the other night and all of the sudden the lights on the trailer went out. The turn signals and brake lights work fine but no more running or dome light. I hooked the trailer up to the wifes suburban and everything works fine so the problem is in my trailer wiring for my Tacoma and it's the factory tow package and wiring. I have looked everywhere and cannot find a fuse, inline or in one of the fuseboxes tht goes to the trailer wiring. I tried to follow the harness and still cannot find a fuse.
Thanks in advance.
What year Tacoma?

02 Taco

I left my cap light on too long and blew of all things a break light fuse. It was the panel under and to the left of the steering wheel. Get a fuse puller and check all those fuses. Found mine that way. Good luck.

Toyota Girl

100 Posts
I'm not ever going to try to tow something, but I need to see if I can hook up a trailer lights so I can carry one of those tailgate cargo carriers.

danstpierre

100 Posts
It's a 2003 model so most probably dealership or warranty is already out of the question. A visit to a professional mechanic would be a sound advise.

Related Content You Might Like: