• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Tpms

Jimbos toy

Hello all,
I am a longtime reader but a brand new member.
I have a 2005 Sequoia, which I love. But I am having an issue with TPMS. I do not have a flat or a slow leak. All 5 tires are at 32psi. I have attempted to reset the system, but with no luck.
That darn light has been blinking since June. I suspect a faulty sensor.
I will be in the market for new tires in November. So I will address this issue then.
I was quoted $70 for a generic sensor and programing. While I think 70 bucks is resonable (as long as its just 1sensor). I was also thinking of having all 5 sensors removed and replaced with standard rubber valves.
In New Hampshire, shops can legally remove all sensors if the system is already faulty. And a working system is not required to pass inspection. I believe the warning light will just stay on. As long as it doesn't blink. That drives me crazy.
So my question to the forum is has anyone had issues with their TPMS, or has anyone removed all the sensors?

Thanks, Jim

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I'm not sure on your Saquoia, but I know on my 2004-4runner, the TPMD cand be disconnect from its power by unplugging it, and this of course disables the system. I don't think it gives the low pressure light once its unplugged. On the 4 runner, the systems ECM is on the passengers side under the dash, on the kick panel I think. A YouTube search should give you some videos.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Welcome to TTC. My guess would be a sensor going bad or possibly a battery getting low???? Keep us updated.

Jimbos toy

Welcome to TTC. My guess would be a sensor going bad or possibly a battery getting low???? Keep us updated.
Thanks for the response guys.

I had not thought about unplugging it though. I will definitely look into that. I don't know if just the battery can be changed or the entire sensor has to be replaced.
I'll keep you informed.
Thanks.

jazz

Mechanic
100 Posts
I put snow tires on wife's Camry yesterday No sensors on the winter rims so a piece of electrical tape to "delete" the annoying flashing TPMS light.

Jimbos toy

I put snow tires on wife's Camry yesterday No sensors on the winter rims so a piece of electrical tape to "delete" the annoying flashing TPMS light.
LOL. I put the tape over the flashing light the day after it started flashing!

I had a '09 Corolla and the tpms light did come on while I was driving. I didn't know that I had a right rear tire going down. Now maybe it saved me from shredding a tire and possibly fron ruining a rim. So the system can be useful.
But they could have designed a system that was easier and less expensive to maintain. But as it is, it just smells like corporate greed.

Related Content You Might Like: