• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Toyota U.S. Headquarters moving to Texas

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I have mixed feelings about this move, as a former Ca. resident and a present N. Texas resident Ive seen many Ca. residents move out here after complaining about how they no longer like Ca. laws and politics, then proceed to work their hardest to make Texas just like the place they left.
Possibly my biggest pet peave is Home Owner Associations, a totally Ca. idea that every Californian complains about and upon landing in Texas works their hardest to create in their new neighborhood. Trust me this I know well as Im attempting to fight the 5th association formation in my own neighborhood in 10 years, all of them instigated by newly installed Californians and designed to be all encompassing and required by every resident. But I digress.

http://money.cnn.com/2014/04/28/autos/toyota-moves-headquarters/

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Good for Texas. Yeah, I grew up on the west coast and say my uncle struggle with his business because of the California tax bloat that is killing small businesses.

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
This is a huge step for Toyota, theyve been in Ontario Ca. since 1957.
But like you point out Ca. bloated taxes have killed many buisnesses.
Im 1/5th owner of a family buisness in Ca., last year we all made a decision to contain any buisness growth until we've moved the buisness out of Ca.
Weve begun building new facilities in Henderson Nv. And Sparks Nv. everything in Ca. will be closed by the end of 2014, then no more Ca. taxes!!

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
They used to say that was the price of sunshine. Until people realized that it was cheaper (by a lot) to live somewhere else and just go to California to visit.

What's frustrating is all of the entitlements that people get. It's almost like 20% are paying the way for 80%.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
They're hiring over for over 1,000 new jobs, and I've done a phone interview already, so this is the second round.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Thanks,

Like I mentioned in another thread, they shut down for about 2 weeks, end of December and beginning of January. That gives them roughly about a month to give me an offer, should they decide to do so.

They have nearly 1200 positions to fill over the next few months, so I hope that they give me an offer on this, or something else. It would be a dream company to work for in the Toyota Motor Sales department, so let's see what the next couple of weeks have in store!

Related Content You Might Like: