• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Toyota Tundra MPG when Towing

Cobra Jock

Just got a new 2019 bel cab, 5.7. Left Maine with 1096 miles on it. We pulled a 8000 lb camper to Virginia going over the Western mtns ,never 95 side. Average fit the trip 11.8. I used 93 octane for the pull . the worst segment over mtns south of Scranton on I-81 I still got 10.6.
I was pleased with the trip, really an easy pull.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Just got a new 2019 bel cab, 5.7. Left Maine with 1096 miles on it. We pulled a 8000 lb camper to Virginia going over the Western mtns ,never 95 side. Average fit the trip 11.8. I used 93 octane for the pull . the worst segment over mtns south of Scranton on I-81 I still got 10.6.
I was pleased with the trip, really an easy pull.
I'd love to start a Tundra MPH while Towing thread. In fact, I might to do that and start it with these two posts.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
.......... Average fit the trip 11.8. I used 93 octane for the pull . the worst segment over mtns south of Scranton on I-81 I still got 10.6.................
That is pretty good mileage pulling 8k. Wonder how that would compare to 87 octane.

Cobra Jock

I just bought it the end of July, our 1st and only pull to date was from mid-coast Maine to south central Virginia. Over 90 to 88, 81, 64 the down the middle of Virginia on state roads. 1007 miles, heading back the end of this month (Sept).

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
When I was towing my Jayco with an SUV, I tried to hit no more than 65 mph and I avoided all heavy traffic when I could. The worst was when going through windy areas and at the same time had a semi-truck trailer go past me and forced me over a bit. Anti-sway really did work wonders though. But used to like to avoid traffic by driving more at night but now it's just non-stop long-haul trucks so that doesn't work out as well. So I just go daytime.

Cobra Jock

Just returned from Virginia. Same route. Only difference was the octane , used 89 on way back instead of 93.
Pulling over the mtns mpg dropped to 9.6 and highway dropped to 11.1.
I felt only a slight drop in performance. The drop in mpg was greater than I expected.
My TTC decal was in the ton of mail I picked up at the PO.
Will sent photos when I get it on. Thanks.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Just returned from Virginia. Same route. Only difference was the octane , used 89 on way back instead of 93.
Pulling over the mtns mpg dropped to 9.6 and highway dropped to 11.1.
I felt only a slight drop in performance. The drop in mpg was greater than I expected.
My TTC decal was in the ton of mail I picked up at the PO.
Will sent photos when I get it on. Thanks.
Good stuff

Related Content You Might Like: