• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Toyota Truck Radiator Problems

mustang_racer88

I just had my radiator drained but not flushed and its running like crap, hard to start and idles bad. All connections are tight but I noticed the top hose is hot but the bottom one is cold. The temp gauge is where it should be. Any advice?

Last edited:

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
What;'s your Year/Model on this again? Does it run like it used to when it's cold and now it's running bad when it gets hot?

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
The differences between radiator systems and the coolant that goes in them is pretty different so it's important to have the year and engine type to answer the question. It's highly unlikely that a radiator flush caused your truck to run poorly, but it's possible that it's just a coincidence.

TacoTrucker

I hate dealing with anything on a radiator. But I always seem to get the ones that completely blow out. Never anything easy to fix.

supernovax3

100 Posts
I'm sure you've long since taken care of the problem, but I would just take it to a mechanic. I had some radiator problems before that took almost a year of messing with to get fixed. I finally took it to a mechanic and found out my water pump was leaking, which was causing the issue. I think you'll save a lot of hassle by just taking it to them for something big like this.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
If you can afford you will just replace it with new one. This will avoid any inconveniences in the future but the repair will actually take time also

TruckStruck1

It might sound obvious but first check that you have turned your heating on. If everything's on but all of your radiators are still cold at the top, your heating system could be full of a sludge. Give the professionals a call to come round and desludge the system for you.

Related Content You Might Like: