• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Toyota Tacoma stereo questions.

Toyota Girl

100 Posts
I might want to replace the stereo on my Tacoma, but how do I know how good the stereo is and if I can have (or do have) an amplifier?

Ok, so I've got the "upgraded" stereo now that is double din CD/MP3/etc but I have seen some Tacomas that have have factory-installed amplifiers (I'm pretty sure) and I want to know if there is a way that I can know if I have an amplifier or can get one to hook into my stereo?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I'm pretty sure that you do not have a separate amp for your stereo.

If you want to upgrade to an amp, you can get an aftermarket adapter and a dash kit then get it all hooked up. Is this about the sub woofer stuff? Just curious.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
if you want to "thump" going down the road, then get a new head unit, amp and speakers installed. You can get a great system for something like $800 range that will sound awesome.

If you want to be so loud that you are disturbing the peace, then that will cost you more.

danstpierre

100 Posts
As long as you have the money, there are always plenty of aftermarkets that you can buy. Any brand will do, as long as they're not made in China kind of rip-offs.

antonino

100 Posts
There are shops that specializes in customizing your sound system. You may want to check 'em out.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I might want to replace the stereo on my Tacoma, but how do I know how good the stereo is and if I can have (or do have) an amplifier?

Ok, so I've got the "upgraded" stereo now that is double din CD/MP3/etc but I have seen some Tacomas that have have factory-installed amplifiers (I'm pretty sure) and I want to know if there is a way that I can know if I have an amplifier or can get one to hook into my stereo?

Did you go for the replacement?

Related Content You Might Like: