• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Toyota T100 Forum ~ New! Post away!

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
From a new member request, we just created a new forum on here for discussion on the Toyota T100 Truck. Have fun and post away.

MD_Weems

100 Posts
I'm actually curious about that too now. I've been looking to see if I can find any type of even rough estimate on how many were built. I did, however, find a pic of one that was really close to how my '98 looked:

Ours was lifted a bit with bigger tires and brush guard. God I loved that truck.

Parkstech

I do! 96 4x4 3" lift 3.4l v6 with a 5 speed and 219k miles and it runs smooth as silk. The tachometer just stopped working though, any ideas on that would be appreciated. I'm new to this forum so I'll post some pics soon.

GearHead

100 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Sounds like you have a great rig there. Not sure about the tachometer issue, it might help to post a new thread so that other members are more likely to take a look. Somebody here is likely to have some ideas. Would love to see some pics.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
I do! 96 4x4 3" lift 3.4l v6 with a 5 speed and 219k miles and it runs smooth as silk. The tachometer just stopped working though, any ideas on that would be appreciated. I'm new to this forum so I'll post some pics soon.
Welcome to the site, you're just getting her broke in at 219k miles.

antonino

100 Posts
Who cares about how many of this rig were built? The question should be, how does this rig perform as a truck? Let's say off-road?

altavas

Wow! Want a trade? Mine's a Tacoma! Runs perfectly smooth.. But not as bad-ass looking as what you got there.

gladden

The true test of a T100 is in its mileage? Or the condition it had been into.. let's say, short rides but on a rough road// Any comment?

john505

hey: i own one here

Hi all! I own a 1997 toyota T-100 SR5 extra cab, with 140,000 miles in it. runs great. Did a fix last year. new cab mounts, new paint, cat + exhaust, carpets, door panels, sound proofing through out cab. engine work, new chrome all around. had fun doing it but alot of time and money. Its a great truck, performs great. Like to hear from you T-100 owners. PM me if you want.

Who's got one?

john505

Hey gearhead, i'v read these engines are good for a trouble free 300,000 miles if you keep up the proper maintaince.

Scmanifo

Hey all! I am new to this forum. I came here opefully looking for suggestions to some small problems I am having with my T-100. I love my truck. We have both been through a lot together. I am the original owner and bought it as a work truck as Im self employed. Boy oh boy, has this truck been the best investment I have ever made. Its a 4 cylinder and It has almost 350,000 miles on it and has done over a million dollars in business. The motor and tranny are still original. I have only changed the radiator, alternator and a/c compressor. This truck still runs great! The truck is not pretty but still is reliable. I need to have the bench seat reupholstered and the cab recarpeted. I am having two mechanical problems however. The first and most annoying is that when the truck gets hot, it's very hard to start. It's not getting fuel. The motor just cranks and cranks. If I spray some starting fluid down the intake, it starts right up. I wonder if it's vapor lock. I noticed that my fuel filter is mounted to the side of the engine block and in other T-100 models, they mounted them under the drivers side along the frame. I have considered relocating it. The other issue I am having and I am sure it's simpler, is that my reverse lights won't come on. Yes, the bulbs are new.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Hey all! I am new to this forum. I came here opefully looking for suggestions to some small problems I am having with my T-100. I love my truck. We have both been through a lot together. I am the original owner and bought it as a work truck as Im self employed. Boy oh boy, has this truck been the best investment I have ever made. Its a 4 cylinder and It has almost 350,000 miles on it and has done over a million dollars in business. The motor and tranny are still original. I have only changed the radiator, alternator and a/c compressor. This truck still runs great! The truck is not pretty but still is reliable. I need to have the bench seat reupholstered and the cab recarpeted. I am having two mechanical problems however. The first and most annoying is that when the truck gets hot, it's very hard to start. It's not getting fuel. The motor just cranks and cranks. If I spray some starting fluid down the intake, it starts right up. I wonder if it's vapor lock. I noticed that my fuel filter is mounted to the side of the engine block and in other T-100 models, they mounted them under the drivers side along the frame. I have considered relocating it. The other issue I am having and I am sure it's simpler, is that my reverse lights won't come on. Yes, the bulbs are new.
Wow, that's a ton of miles on that truck. Can I ask when the last time you did a tune up was?

Related Content You Might Like: