• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Toyota T-100 Tires?

Rmann

I have a 95 T100 2wd reg cab
Ive added 2 leaf springs to carry a heavy load. 4wd camper.
One problem I've encountered is mushy tires. Im using Cooper Discovery HT.I have the original 15 inch rims. Im ready for some new tires. Im researching these.
Cooper DicoveryAT3
Goodyear duratrack
BFG KO AT
Anybody had these?
Reviews?

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
I have used the Cooper brand tires before on other vehicles with no issues. The Dicovery AT3 is a nice looking tire. I would choose them myself if I was in the market. Let us know how they work out and post some pics when you get them installed.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I've only had one set of coopers that i recall. They did in fact seem squishy to me back then, maybe that's their business philosophy to make as softer product that designed to give better grip on asphalt or tarmac.

discovererat3.png

tbplus10

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
Cooper tires advertises a softer ride, which makes for a "squishier" tire.
They have a soft rubber compound that can reduce life.

Rmann

So, I went with the AT3's. I had Cooper HT's on It before and got about 70.000 mi. Maybe went a little to long. Ive never wanted all terrain tires before because Im mostly on pavement. The AT's are supposedly 70% Pavement 30% off road.
So far I hardly notice the road noise. No noticeable loss in mpg. Handles very well and feels stiffer. Ill know when I put a load on.

Related Content You Might Like: