• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Toyota Recall Fuel Pumps January 2020 - Huge 700,000 Vehicle Toyota & Lexus Recall

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
TOYOTA & LEXUS FUEL PUMP RECALL

Plano, Texas - Jan 13, 2020.
Toyota announced that it's recalling nearly 700,000 vehicles in the US for faulty fuel pumps that can fail and cause engines to stall. Of course, stalling can dramatically increase the risk of a crash, please check to see if your vehicle is part of the recall and head to the Toyota website to enter your VIN or license plate to confirm.

Here's a list of the year, makes and models under this recall.

Toyota-Logo-PNG-Clipart.png
TOYOTA: Some of the following 2018 & 2019 Toyota models:

• Toyota 4Runner
  • Toyota Avalon (2019 only)
  • Toyota Camry
  • Toyota Corolla (2019 only)
  • Toyota Highlander
  • Toyota Land Cruiser
  • Toyota Sequoia
  • Toyota Sienna
  • Toyota Tacoma
  • Toyota Tundra
Lexus_division_emblem.svg.png
LEXUS: Some of the following 2018 & 2019 Lexus models:

• Lexus LS 500
  • Lexus LC 500
  • Lexus RC 350
  • Lexus RC 300
  • Lexus GS 350
  • Lexus IS 300
  • Lexus ES 350
  • Lexus LX 570
  • Lexus GX 460
  • Lexus RX 350

TOYOTA VEHICLE RECALL SEARCH
Head to the Toyota Recall website to search for your vehicle by VIN or US License Plate.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
OMG, can't wait for this. With a 2019 Tundra, AND a 2018 Lexus RX350, I could wind up with BOTH being recalled. Sheesh!

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
That's a lot of vehicles for a fuel pump recall. What's exactly the issue with these faulty fuel pumps?

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
That's a lot of vehicles for a fuel pump recall. What's exactly the issue with these faulty fuel pumps?
Yeah, but it's practically every vehicle Toyota makes. Toyota's claim in the recent interim recall "letter" is that the fuel pumps are "Low Volume", whatever they mean by that. Good ones gone bad, or bad ones installed originally?

I checked both our vehicles on the Toyota recall page and both came up with "no recalls open". However, I'll check again after I get my letter. Too much action going on today, and it makes me doubt that the recall page is up-to-date. Time will tell.

UPDATE: On another Tundra forum, one poster visited his stealer's service dept. yesterday and was told that he needed to wait until he gets his letter in March to determine whether his Tundra is part of the recall or not.

Last edited:

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
From Toyota directly on this:

Toyota is conducting a safety recall involving certain 2018-2019 Model Year Lexus LS 500, LC 500, RC 350, RC 300, GS 350, IS 300, ES 350, LX 570, GX 460, and RX 350; certain 2019 Model Year Lexus NX 300, RX 350L, and GS 300; certain 2018-2019 Model Year Toyota 4Runner, Camry, Highlander, Land Cruiser, Sequoia, Sienna, Tacoma, and Tundra; and certain 2019 Model Year Toyota Avalon and Corolla in the United States. Approximately 696,000 vehicles are involved in this recall.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
The subject vehicles are equipped with a fuel pump which may stop operating. If this were to occur, warning lights and messages may be displayed on the instrument panel, and the engine may run rough. This can result in a vehicle stall, and the vehicle may be unable to be restarted. If a vehicle stall occurs while driving at higher speeds, this could increase the risk of a crash.

Toyota Girl

100 Posts
Saw the news and came here to check out the list. I bought a 2018 Highlander so I went to the recall site and entered my VIN. No recall for me! Or will this change over time??

1579124732437.png

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Saw the news and came here to check out the list. I bought a 2018 Highlander so I went to the recall site and entered my VIN. No recall for me! Or will this change over time??
Somehow, I feel that the results of our search for the truth may change between now and when we get our letters. I'm going to re-check after my recall letter arrives, but for now I'm sleepin' fine.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Somehow, I feel that the results of our search for the truth may change between now and when we get our letters. I'm going to re-check after my recall letter arrives, but for now I'm sleepin' fine.
Good point, the recall website system might not be up to date yet.

Related Content You Might Like: