• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Toyota of Fremont, Ca

NorcalCamper

I've given these guys in the service department more than one chance and they continue to let me down. Years ago my 94' Toyota pickup had a failed fuel pump. They charged me the usual ridiculous amount but got it fixed without incident. Then about 2 years later I had the same symptoms as before. I had it towed to them to look at. They charged me a diagnostic fee even though I told them what it was from the start. Whatever. They charged me about $900 to change the fuel pump. I went to fuel up at the gas station that night. When I started pumping gas, I noticed fuel pouring out onto the ground. A crawl underneath revealed that they had never reconnected the fuel fill hose or vent hose. I had to drop it off to them to fix. Got the truck back and had the same symptoms as before the fuel pump was replaced. Brought it back again and had to leave it overnight. They called and said they fixed it and I picked it up the next day. Same problem happened again within 24 hours. About now I'm getting really upset and thinking I may not have needed to spend $900 to replace a 2 year old fuel pump. I'm assuming the fee they charged me to diagnose the problem would have confirmed that! Now they need to have their "master mechanic" diagnose the problem. At least they provided me with a loaner car this time. In the end, they claimed it was a loose electrical connection. The problem went away but now there was a strange noise when driving. I didn't want to deal with them again so I just lived with it.

Fast forward to this year. Some creep stole the catalytic converters off my wife's Sequoia. Since it was covered under insurance, I figured I'd have the "experts" at Toyota do the work. God knows they are expensive as sin, but I'm only paying the deductible so who cares? They got the parts and installed them in a timely manner. They told me that there was a skid plate missing that they had to replace as well but they forgot to bill it on the insurance estimate and that would be an extra $450. What in the hell is this skid plate made of gold? Within an hour of picking up the SUV, I noticed the engine light & traction control lights were on. I called them up and they told me to look under the hood for a disconnected hose on the air cleaner air box. Couldn't find anything. They told me to bring it back in the morning. Had to send my wife down with my 2 year old to deal with this the next day. They supposedly fixed it and sent her on her way. Within an hour, the lights reappeared. She brought it back again and this time was told she would have to leave it for the day. My wife asked that they provide her with a loaner car due to inconvenience. They flatly refused. She then asked that they at least provide her with a free oil change for her troubles. Again they refused. They finally returned the car to us. The lights no longer are a problem. They called every day for the next 4 days to make sure the lights didn't reappear. They claim that it was a bad electrical ground causing the problem. Oh, by the way, the cost to replace the 2 catalytic converters and skid plate was $5400! The prices they charge are ridiculous, their customer service is terrible, and their technicians are not very bright and are definitely not detail oriented. Any tech that forgets to hook up a fuel filler hose or look for engine lights during a test drive should be fired. And if a company makes a stupid mistake like this, they should make it up to their customers in anyway necessary to keep them happy and coming back. I will never go back to this dealership. I will drive as far as it takes to get to the next one if I ever decide to use Toyota Factory service again. Do yourself a favor and avoid this dealership.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Sorry to hear about that experience! If they forgot to bill the insurance, then they should go back and bill the insurance a second time. That happens all the time.

Related Content You Might Like: