• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Toyota maintenance question and answers

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Need to know how to take care of your Toyota truck, suv, minivan, crossover or car? This is the place to get your questions answered.

I recently did most of a tune up on my 95 4Runner, but I couldn't get to the 3 plugs on the pass. side!!! Now I'm having some roughness at idle and I really don't know how to get to the other 3 plugs!!! The ones I took out were really bad and although I tried, I just couldn't get any tools in there and I can't get in through the wheel well either. Any suggestions?

GearHead

100 Posts
What is in the way? Maybe remove the intake manifold? I'm not familiar with that engine, but sounds like you just have to do some disassembling in order to access the plugs. Forget the guys at the auto-parts store, ask someone who knows what they are doing.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 PM ----------

Look it up in a manual also, there ought to be instructions on how to do this.

antonino

100 Posts
Sometimes, the guys at the auto-parts store have the tendency to do some salestalk if you ask them. Remember, they're not mechanics, rather, they're just salesmen who sounds too good to be an expert. As a real mechanic, who are greased up. For sure, these guys really know what they're doing.

altavas

Asking a mechanic sometimes won't do the trick. They tend to have your truck stay in their shops for a few days.

Stuart

That's true. Auto part store workers don't usually give you adequate advice. They just want to sell something. You should always turn to a professional mechanic for advice.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
I usually follow the Periodic Maintenance Period that is included or stated on the service manual.... I always do my maintenance period on TOYOTA authorized dealer service center to ensure that they have the tool and professional mechanic to do the job..

Related Content You Might Like: