• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Toyota Land Cruisers New vs. Old. When did the style change?

aeropagus

100 Posts
What happened to the old Toyota Land Cruiser style? It used to look like a jeep, now it's a big closed-up SUV. When did the style change?

Toyota Land Cruiser First Generation

Last edited:

aeropagus

100 Posts
Here's a quick write-up on the different generations of the Toyota Land Cruiser.

Toyota Land Cruiser 40 Series
Production 1960–1984
Toyota_Land_Cruiser_yellow_vl.jpg

Toyota Land Cruiser 50 Series
Production 1967–1980
Tlc2a.jpg

Toyota Land Cruiser 60 Series
Production 1980–1990
800px-Toyota_Land_Cruiser.jpg

Toyota Land Cruiser 70 Series
Production 1984–present
Toyota_Land_Cruiser_HZJ76HV_001.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

aeropagus

100 Posts
Toyota Land Cruiser 80 Series
Production 1990–1997
Also called the Lexus LX 450
800px-Toyota_Land_Cruiser_--_03-25-2010.jpg

Toyota Land Cruiser 90 Series
Production 1996–present
250px-Toyota_Land_Cruiser_front_20071025.jpg

Toyota Land Cruiser 100 Series
Production 1998–2007
800px-Toyota_Land_Cruiser_--_03-11-2010.jpg

bebtunes

100 Posts
looks like they really just did some body work and called it a new model from the first one that was made personally

GearHead

100 Posts
looks like they really just did some body work and called it a new model from the first one that was made personally
Not sure what you mean by this. It is interesting to see the progression from this original, which looks rather jeep-like.

antonino

100 Posts
Let's face it. Time changes, so are designs, and the materials used. Still, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some would say, the vintage ones are nice to look at, but I prefer the new ones.

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
I'd love to get one of these as a project vehicle, the old ones that I'd. :)

balihaisen

100 Posts
Vintage Land Cruisers! The original totally resembles a jeep. But I think, that was the fad 60 years ago.

toyotasrule

100 Posts
I think it would be nice to have some of the retro body styles back. We should all suggest that they make a few of the older-style looking ones with some of the newer, more up-to-date features.

supernovax3

100 Posts
I think it had a bit to do with just the changing market. The newer ones are more adapt for daily driving, errands, and the city.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Great series of picture from Toyota Land Cruiser First Generation to 100's eras, Up til now Toyota Land Cruiser redesign its appearance and performance to compensate with the our fast changing world environment..

Thanks for sharing

Related Content You Might Like: