• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

TOY to ALASKA

twinomad

Well I'm ready for warmer weather and I'm heading for Canada and highway 97 to Prince George and then west to Prince Rubert. With just small shell to stuff everything I can go into and go just about any place there is something called a road. Toys can hide behind a couple of trees. It would be nice to have one of those tiny pop-up to keep the bears at a distance.:mad: I've seen them just walk though canvas jeep sides to get food. Anyone know who or where those ting fold up types can be found.

anyone done this trip?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
Welcome to the site! Wow, you call Canada warmer weather? haha, how's that been treating you?

Toyota Girl

100 Posts
What are you looking at getting, a pop-up camper or something to go on the back of your bed? Not sure that I've seen anything that will keep bears away.

bebtunes

100 Posts
i'll be up there this summer sometime. but yeah a nice truck from toyota will be a good choice from what i have been hearing and reading

redneckgirl

TTC Chicks
Most bears will run away if you yell, well at least most black bears. I lived in alaska most of my life and we used to have a bear come and eat our garbage. we would just go outside and hit it with a wiffle bat and it would go away. Most bears won't bother you unless you have a lot of trash in your truck. they prefer garbage over real food.

GearHead

100 Posts
Why do you need a pop-up? What's wrong with just mounting a shell on the bed? Or are you talking about a trailer? I seriously doubt you'll have bear trouble unless you leave food in the truck unattended.

redneckgirl

TTC Chicks
I'm curious to know if he made the trip since the post was in january. Like someone posted above, bears aren't really a problem if food and garbage are kept sealed.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
Well I'm ready for warmer weather and I'm heading for Canada and highway 97 to Prince George and then west to Prince Rubert. With just small shell to stuff everything I can go into and go just about any place there is something called a road. Toys can hide behind a couple of trees. It would be nice to have one of those tiny pop-up to keep the bears at a distance.:mad: I've seen them just walk though canvas jeep sides to get food. Anyone know who or where those ting fold up types can be found.

anyone done this trip?

Hows you trip? any picture to share with us...

twinomad

do you promise not to laugh, I got as far as Redding, CA. Met someone and by summers end found myself in Tampa, FL. About three weeks of fun play at the beach and she disappeared. As yet not heard from. So it may not need to be said I never made it to Alaska. But I still have the maps and I look at them every once in awhile and shake my head in disbelief. But then again its only April at the moment, I could try again, but I promise not to pick up any hitch-hiker this time no matter how lame the story.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
do you promise not to laugh, I got as far as Redding, CA. Met someone and by summers end found myself in Tampa, FL. About three weeks of fun play at the beach and she disappeared. As yet not heard from. So it may not need to be said I never made it to Alaska. But I still have the maps and I look at them every once in awhile and shake my head in disbelief. But then again its only April at the moment, I could try again, but I promise not to pick up any hitch-hiker this time no matter how lame the story.
Yeah, we can promise not to laugh, that will be awesome if you post it here. thanks ;)

Related Content You Might Like: