• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Time for a new project!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
So the '83 is basically finished (one thing left to do/try/fix?) and then I will likely sell it. I enjoyed working on it, and I'm very pleased with the results, but it's not a lot of fun to drive for an old man. It sits in the yard a lot.

I bought my next project yesterday: a 2002 Tundra Access Cab 4x4 Limited with V8 and a nice Snug Top camper shell. TRD Off-Road package too. Smokin' deal, but that's cuz the truck has 280,000 miles on it. Amazingly nice condition, with lots of service records. The PO spent $5000 in 2017 on a new transmission, plus it has a new radiator, new fuel pump, new steering rack, new shocks/struts, new brakes, new battery, etc. The V8 runs great, and this thing drives like a car on the highway. Oh, and NO rust on the frame.

I don't know about where you guys live, but these first gen Tundras command VERY high prices here in Colorado. I feel real good about the deal I got, but the seller thinks he could have maybe gotten more, but he had it for sale on CL for more than two months with only one other guy looking at it.

Here's the ONLY photo I have of the Tundra at the moment (too cold outside for photos). It's the photo the seller used on Craig's List--the only photo he posted.

2002 Tundra from seller.jpg

Last edited:

rickc5

Our back yard
Staff member
100 Posts
Community Leader
Drove the "new" Tundra to town yesterday and heard what may be a wheel bearing that needs attention. Since I also got the factory shop manuals with the truck, I'm going to peruse the section on the front end and see if this is something I want to tackle myself, or should I take it to some professionals and have them fix it. Years ago I replaced many front wheel bearings in 2WD cars, but never a 4WD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Related Content You Might Like: