• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

DFW TX The NTTA is of the devil. Seriously, a quasi-government agency?

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
North Texas Tollway Authority

So apparently I have at least one unpaid toll from who knows when and the NTTA is going to push me to criminal court for failure to pay tolls.

TURNS OUT IT WAS FROM 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, $811 total. Just crazy.

Last edited:

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Several unpaid invoices looks like I never got them. I have questions on some of them, but I paid them as I did owe the tolls.

tibadoe

Staff member
1000 Posts
Community Leader
That's a steep toll. Wonder why they waited so long to "bill" you. That reminds me of the time I ran through a toll in a town I was unfamiliar with. Ended up stopping at a State Trooper Station and they looked it up on camera and I paid the bill - all was good. Glad we don't have tolls around where I live.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
So, I had known about this and had chatted with them over the years, but they used to have no teeth in this. I tried to work with them and I think this originally was several thousand dollars in fees, which they dropped.

I told them I would have paid the other tolls if they would have dropped the one that was not valid that I told them about. Anyhow, I paid it and moved on. About 70% of this was admin fees.

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
HOW MUCH... OUCH. I feel you pain though. I got a tax bill about 2 weeks ago for almost $5000 with the late fees and penalties. What you going to do. You have to pay it before the penalties go up rite. Thing is, that was about 40 percent that the mistake on my original tax form was.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
HOW MUCH... OUCH. I feel you pain though. I got a tax bill about 2 weeks ago for almost $5000 with the late fees and penalties. What you going to do. You have to pay it before the penalties go up rite. Thing is, that was about 40 percent that the mistake on my original tax form was.
ouch. that hurts me. I'll think about you when I have a drink tonight. ;-)

kennythewelder

Super Moderator
Staff member
100 Posts
ouch. that hurts me. I'll think about you when I have a drink tonight. ;-)
LOL while your at it have an extra one for me. I haven't drank since 2010. When I had throat cancer in 2012, the Dr. asked me if I smoked. No Doc, not in 25 years. Do you drink. I havent had a drink since 2010. Dr. says well good then you will heal up very well. 6 years cancer free in Jan. Dr. says, my chances of having cancer again, are the same as anyone else who never had cancer.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
That's a steep toll. Wonder why they waited so long to "bill" you. That reminds me of the time I ran through a toll in a town I was unfamiliar with. Ended up stopping at a State Trooper Station and they looked it up on camera and I paid the bill - all was good. Glad we don't have tolls around where I live.
This is a great point. Their online system is the worst ive ever seen. I think initially they were geared towards just traditional collections, but now they have passed a law i guess making this a criminal offense. Really crazy.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
Here is proof that I've been paying the NTTA in the past. These were paid with old bank/checking accounts that aren't open, but I remembered that I used MINT (mint.com which is now owned by Intuit who also make Quicken/TurboTax) and it's got a record of all of my transactions including those to the NTTA.

So, the idea that I never paid those old tolls is at least brought into question and I can prove that I made some type of payment back then.

tolls - ntta search in mint.png

Moreover, I maintain that it's possible that they have my license plate mixed up with another one as they sent me another driver's invoice for a different person and different license plate in which it was CM1 vs. CML --- L vs. 1.

Related Content You Might Like: