• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

tallest tire ~ 2003 Toyota Tundra

toyotafan

Toyota Truck Club Founder
Staff member
1000 Posts
2WD or 4WD on your 2003 Tundra?

And by the tallest tire, you mean the largest height tire that you can install without likelyhood of it rubbing or causing any issues, is that correct?

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
You might be surprised how quickly and easily a coil spacer lift can be done, if you did want to raise it up just a little bit. However, as far as tire size goes with a coil spacer lift in the front you would easily have room for 32 x 11.50 rubber, which is about a 295/70/16 or something like that.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/dys-kt09105bk?seid=srese1&gclid=CJ2tisTY6boCFYZi7Aod3g8AdA

With a 2WD Tundra, your biggest concern is the front-end of course. I've seen people try to push upwards of about 285/70/16 and they will rub a little bit around corners.

rayvanzant

Sorry, I have a 4x4 extra cab.Since I use my truck as a every day driver,plus use the bed I sometimes to load stuff, plus on a fix income, I rather just replace my tires to a taller tire without them rubbing when these wear out.Since I put over 60000 miles on the tires since I bought it use, I am sure I need to replace them within a year or so.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
What type of tire are your looking for. What brands too?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

rayvanzant

To be honest,I have not thought of a brand yet, I do know I don't go off road with my truck, but we do get nasty snow storms here in CT. I rather not go much wider of a tire than what I have now.So I am sure what I want and what is out there,can't be a huge selection.

toyotafan

Staff member
1000 Posts
So youre not looking for top end Nitto Terra Graphlers or anything like that. You need a good all weather tire more than anything for snow and then runoff.

Here's the 255/75r16 Nitto, for example. Runs about $200 per tire, plus install.

Last edited:

rayvanzant

Now correct me if I am wrong... the first number is how tall the tire is,the second number is how wide it is and the third number is the rim size.
If I am correct, I have 265/70/16 now,but don't want to get new rims( in fact I LOVE the stock rims that came with my SR5) nor do I want wider tires. So I should probably want to go to maybe a 270 0r 275 tire? I thought I read somewhere that I could go to a 32" tire max without any issues,but I am not sure if they were addressing a newer Tundra or my year.My game plan is to buy the tires from a place like Tire Rack,but of course if I do that,I can't test to see what size would fit without any issues. This is why I am doing my homework and asking folks who know much more than I do.

Related Content You Might Like: