• FREE SPEECH SOCIAL MEDIA

If you're looking for a Free Speech Social Media site, check out Blabbook.com

- NO FACT CHECKING - NO SHADOW BANNING - NO POINT OF VIEW CENSORSHIP

Tacoma Ground Clearence

Papas-Toy

New tires are going to be needed soon And I want to run bigger than stock tires to achieve more ground clearence without modifying my suspension. What are the biggest i can ruun with it stock?

Papas-Toy

Thanks for the help. I'll just have the tire shop fit some different sizes on to see what I can run without too much rubbing.

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
What size are you running now the best thing to do is start out at I size bigger and see if the rub if not go to the next size. The best thing to do is don't venture too far from the stock width go wider it will cut down on how tall of a tire you can get

dwill3015

Super Moderator
Agreed.
you can't go too much bigger than stock without some kind of suspension mod. I'ts not as expensive as you may think to give it a bit more to run a larger tire.

Papas-Toy

Any suggestion's? I have heard ov leveling kits but have not had my toyota all that long so I guess I better look into it. I def. do not want to do a body lift or a full-blown suspension lift, just something to increase my tire size a bit as well as ground clearance.

TruckBoy

265 70 17 - thats how far you can go with stock suspension and without any other modification on your truck.

1 bad tacoma

100 Posts
He can go a taste wider now as for a leveling kit don't let it fool you you will be able to go a full size up but be careful on what you buy I had a ready lift leveling kit and my truck didn't sit level it sat higher in the front end than the back end had to go buy 1 inch blocks for the rear to fix that problem

GearHead

100 Posts
I'd just put a lift kit on it if you are worried about not having enough clearance. No sense in putting on tires that rub when it isn't too terribly expensive to just modify the suspension. There are a few threads on here on how to DIY if you wish or you can just pay a local shop to do it for you if you are slightly less than mechanically inclined like me.

danstpierre

100 Posts
Some modifications are needed in your suspension. You just can't change that easy. Anyway, a Tacoma's standard tires are already fine off-road. You won't really need to make it 1-2 sizes higher.

MuddyTacoma

Mechanic
1000 Posts
lift kits can give you extra clearance for larger tires, you get a smoother ride with bigger meaty tires on your truck and they will last longer (but cost more).

balihaisen

100 Posts
A 1-2 size bigger is already enough. I think trucks running on the street with very big tires are already over-acting. It's not cool anymore.

Lester

I would say maybe a few inches wider is okay. The thickness of a tire probably also makes a difference.

TruckRider

Mechanic
1000 Posts
New tires are going to be needed soon And I want to run bigger than stock tires to achieve more ground clearence without modifying my suspension. What are the biggest i can ruun with it stock?

Hi!, any updates, Did you get this figured out? What Tire size did you get?

Related Content You Might Like: